To safely operate assigned machine(s) at maximum efficiency producing a quality product.
MULTIPLE MACHINE OPERATOR OPENINGS ON BOTH 2ND AND 3RD SHIFTS!
The 2nd shift position will be scheduled for the hours of 2:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Friday and Saturday's as required.
The 3rd shift position will be scheduled for the hours of 10:00pm - 6:00am, Monday - Friday and Saturday's as required.
In this role one will be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week, as scheduled. Overtime is required and scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department.
- Conform to Jel Sert safety procedures, GMP requirements and work instructions.
- Operate assigned machine(s) in an efficient, timely manner.
- Perform safety inspections on assigned machine.
- Report any quality or safety issues to department supervisor and/or lead.
- Complete production documents as required.
- Communicate with mechanics to report any issues.
- Supply assigned machine(s) with correct materials as necessary.
- May be required to perform preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Keep work area(s) clean free of safety hazards.
- Perform other similar work as required.
FOOD SAFETY/QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow applicable work procedures and instructions and monitor quality control points (QCP's).
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & EXPERIENCE
Independent worker, observant, good motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Ability to identify quality problems. Basic math skills. Prior experience as a machine operator not required.
Manufacturing and fast paced environment, a full range of motion is required (reaching and lifting), lifting up to 50 lbs., standing for the duration of a shift (8 or more hours), continuous work, possible exposure to various odors and dusts. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Use Protective Equipment