To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shelby charter Township, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr Registered Relationship Banker
Flagstar Bank • Shelby charter Township, MI
Posted 4 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position TitleSr Registered Relationship Banker
LocationSabrina Dr (Shelby Twp, MI)
Job SummaryThe Senior Licensed Relationship Banker is the branch sales specialist who will leverage extensive knowledge in investments and insurance to help customers achieve their financial goals. Senior Relationship Banker - Licensed will hold applicable investment licensing, have proven success in Retail Banking consultative sales, and play a significant role in the branch sales execution while maintaining strong operational standards. This position will act as a mentor for others within the retail branches, as individuals in this position have a higher skill set in sales.
- Proactively work existing book of branch clients. Educate branch staff on products, prospecting techniques, and referral skills.
- Set appointments. Hold joint appointments with FC.
- Attend all training and complete within designated time frames.
- Maintain a strong understanding of products and services offered.
- Be available to assist walk in clients with their I & I needs.
- Look for opportunities to help customers with investment needs while handling other needs.
- Work very closely with FC, during designated times in the branch.
- Meet and exceed sales goals by working with customers to build and deepen relationships by uncovering financial needs, and recommending the best products, services and solutions to meet those needs.
- Ensure the customer's needs are met by partnering with the appropriate specialist (FC and MLO) to serve the customer's mortgage and investment needs.
- Conduct proactive outbound phone calls, conduct Flagstar@Work events, actively participate in community events, and help to lead call night activities for the market to help drive loans and investments.
- Responsible to establish and maintain referral sources and COI (centers of influence) that would drive business.
- Maintain operational standards including balancing cash drawers at the end of each shift, processing CTR reports and transactions, and opening and closing procedures of the branch. May also include ATM and vault balancing, opening and closing procedures of the branch, etc.
- Acquire and maintain up-to-date knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, guidelines and bank operating systems.
- Process Transactions/Customer Service. Greet customers and ask questions to determine their needs.
- Process financial transactions (cash and non-cash bank transactions, balance inquiries, cashier's checks, money orders, cash advances with credit cards, etc.) in an accurate and efficient manner in accordance with operational and regulatory guidelines.
- Assist with customer questions and/or issues relating to their accounts.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent Required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related major preferred.
- Life, Health, Series 6/63 required.
- 4 year previous retail banking experience required.
- 2 year successful sales experience where defined sales goals and accountabilities were routinely met or exceeded required.
- Life, Health, Series 6/63 licenses required.
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to resolve problems and prevent customer dissatisfaction.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency.
- Desire and willingness to call on prospects and existing clients for sales opportunities.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to follow company policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality using tact and diplomacy.
- Maintain professional dress attire and demeanor.
- Ability to work branch hours, including weekends and some evenings.
- The job requires a moderate degree of physical exertion and stamina such as standing, sitting, walking, driving or infrequent lifting.
Internal: Band I
Job ID: 02111
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.