To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Akron, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Accountant - Entrepreneurial Services
Sikich • Akron, OH
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Sikich LLP, a top professional services firm, is recognized as one of the fastest growing organizations and best places to work. Consistently ranking as one of the country’s Top 35 CPA firms and among the top 1% of all enterprise resource planning solution partners in the world, the firm offers one-of-a-kind solutions. We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant for our Entrepreneurial Services Group based out of our Akron, OH Office.
- Review or prepare business and individual tax returns.
- Review/prepare compiled and reviewed financial statements
- Prepare more complex tax returns (consolidated or multi-state business returns, complex pass-through entities and complex individuals)
- Identify and research tax planning and compliance issues
- Coach and mentor junior level staff
- Consult with clients on various internal accounting related transactions, as needed.
- Work on a variety of different accounting projects including but not limited to quarterly/yearly financials, bookkeeping services and functions
- Partner with clients to efficiently and effectively manage multiple aspects of their accounting departments.
- Assist partners and managers in consulting with closely held businesses and individual clients on financial and tax planning matters
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 2-4 years of current public accounting experience
- Proficiency with computerized tax software and MS Office
- Solid work history in compiled financial statement preparation, general ledger, and payroll compliance
- Have a strong understanding of GAAP
- Have experience with reviewed financial statements
- Be able to run and manage multiple engagements at the same time.
- Ability to service multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Strong client rapport and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and general office skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills with the emphasis on ability to articulate complex tax and financial information to all levels of clients
- Supervisory experience
Preferred but not required:
- CPA or EA certification (or progress towards certification)
- MST (or willingness to obtain) preferred
Health Savings Account
MDLIVE Telehealth Program (Telephonic/Video appointments)
Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Career and Life Benefits:
Flexible Work Schedules (Part-time, Seasonal, Internships, Compressed Workweeks)
Paid Maternity, Paternity, and Adoption Leave
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Thank You Days
CPA Exam and Materials Reimbursement Policy
CPA Exam Bonus
Paid Professional Association Memberships
Paid Exam Costs for Professional Certifications
Educational Assistance Program
Computer Loan Program
Employee Assistance Program
Annual Health and Wellness Screenings
Annual Wellness Challenge
Sikich Social Media Contest
Smoking Cessation Program
Quarterly Wellness Webinars
Health Portal and Coaching
Corporate Location On-Site Wellness Amenities
Sikich University Professional Development:
Blend of training from eLearning, VILT, IL7, Micro Learning, and self-study
Sales Leadership Academy
Annual Compliance Trainings
EEO M/F D/V
*Securities are offered through Sikich Corporate Finance LLC, a registered broker/dealer with the Securities and Exchange Commission and a member of FINRA/SIPC.