To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Eden Prairie, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IT Postgres Database Architect- Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group • Eden Prairie, MN
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Postgres Database Architect, you will work as a part of a dynamic team involved with software, web, portal, application, and testing for new systems and/or enhancements with a focus on helping to migrate a PostgreSQL Database for an enterprise application.
- Actively participate in all phases of project development life cycle including database policies, procedures, standards and supporting documentation, database design, process flow analysis, development, benchmark analysis, performance/tuning, capacity planning, and production implementation
- Production support responsibilities include maximizing system availability, ensuring swift and complete database recovery, optimizing database and availability through ongoing maintenance, and ensure conformance to audit and operating standards
- Provide status reports to senior management
- Participate in the evaluation, and recommendation of appropriate hardware and software resources
- Assisting with communication interfaces/integration to associated systems
- Upholds enterprise policy guidelines and recommends new and improved guidelines
- Design, implement and maintain all functions of database systems, including access, methods and time, device allocations, validation checks, organization, security, documentation, and statistical methodology
- Monitors overall standards and procedures, assists in integrating various systems. Consults with users, determine requirements and recommends database establishment and utilization
- Develops pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
7+ years of experience in the Information Technology profession
Extension experience with RDBMS and PL/Sql
Prior experience with data modeling and performance tuning
Prior experience working with PostgreSQL or other Object Oriented databases
Experience with designing complex database schemas within postgres
Software Development experience
Healthcare Industry experience
Big Data Experience
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.