To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Med Assist MyChildrens/ Celina location/ MyChildrens Job
Children’s Health • Dallas, TX
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Summary / Celina location/ 1060 South Preston Road, Celina 75009
Hours Monday-Friday 8-5
This job is responsible for performing various outpatient care duties and prepares patients for examinations/procedures. Documents patient information in medical records. Assists physician/nurse practitioner as needed. May also perform laboratory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares patient for examination and treatment.Gathers patient data regarding condition. Takes vital signs such as blood pressure, temperature, respiration, height and weight and documents in medical records.
- Performs routine laboratory functions. Obtains blood specimens from patients through venipuncture and capillary collection. Obtains urine specimens from patients. Verifies patient identity and information and transfers information to specimen container.
- Orders laboratory analysis and arranges from transport of specimen. Follows up with lab analysis and documents results.
- Documents ALL interactions with patients / families which take place via phone or face-to-face without exception.
- Prepares examination rooms by arranging sterile instruments on tray and stocking rooms with appropriate medical supplies. Disposes of medical waste.
- Cleans and maintains laboratory and examination room equipment. Cleans and maintains examination rooms between patients.
- May assist with front office duties such as scheduling appointments, answering telephones, and arranging transportation for patients.
- Frequently performs patient care activities where there may be some exposure to communicable and infectious diseases.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Minimum 6 months - 1 year of related experience preferred.
- Completion of MA program or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with administering vaccinations and injections required.
- BLS/CPR certification, required.
- MA certification acquired through an accredited program, required.