To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Technology Development Internship - Basking Ridge, NJ
UnitedHealth Group • Basking Ridge, NJ
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
You’re about to take the next big step. We’re about to create the next incredible solution. If you want to accelerate your learning in a technology environment that’s always pushing the envelope, you’ve come to the right place. The technology team at Optum, part of UnitedHealth Group’s thriving family of businesses is a team of 12,000 people who are passionate about making a difference by using technology to help improve the lives of millions and make health care work better for all.
Throughout your 10-12 week internship, you will be placed onto teams within our key business areas: Project Analyst, Business / Systems Analyst or Software Developer / Engineer. You’ll be exposed to any number of fascinating projects while you benefit from healthcare IT experiences and close collaboration with knowledgeable professionals, coaches and technology leaders. In addition, you’ll be exposed to our culture, participate in social responsibility events, and participate in learning sessions from leaders throughout the enterprise.
The intent of our internship program is to provide long term employment opportunities through Optum, a UnitedHealth Group company.
As exciting as it may be, this kind of opportunity also presents unique challenges. You’ll need to keep up with constantly evolving systems and technology tools. You’ll need to embrace our commitment to an agile and collaborative culture that drives our software solutions. You’ll need to work in a disciplined approach to software and processes that helps us protect the health care data of millions of patients.
Key Information Regarding the Internship Program:
- Housing assistance may be available.
- This full-time intern position will be available for the summer, starting in June 2018.
- H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college / university
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require visa sponsorship, TN visa holders, current H-1B visa holders, and / or those requiring green card sponsorship will not be considered.
- Willing to travel - Less than 20 percent of the time.
- Degrees in Business, Management, Information Systems, Computer Science or Technology related field. Other degrees are considered when accompanied by aptitude or interest in technology.
- Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA.
Join our elite team of technology professionals who are now deeply engaged in determining how we can use innovation to drive performance across the health system. Apply today. Find out how Optum’s Technology Development Program can lead to your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.