To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newark, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Business Manager - CDCR
Geo Reentry Services, LLC. • Newark, NJ
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Develops, manages, and implements operational procedures and policies for the business and support services functions of the facilites. This role will primarily support the CDCR locations. This includes establishing and maintaining accounting procedures, fiscal reporting methods, procedures for payment of invoices and other related activities. Additional support services functions may include: payroll, purchasing, communications, food services, warehouse, commissary, inventory property control, laundry, information technology and insurance.
This role will be based out of one of the Newark, New Jersey facilities.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and monitors annual budget and advises management of budget status.
- Directs the work of other employees. This would include selection, hiring, evaluating performance, employee training/development, promoting and any disciplinary action, including termination.
- Directs the maintenance of recording and control procedures involving the collection, evaluation, processing, preparation, submission and reconciliation of accounts.
- Participates in overall facility planning activities.
- Reviews and approves all financial and accounting records, transactions, and functions of the facility and residents.
- Ensures the close process for the region proceeds appropriately, meeting deadlines and working within GAAP guidelines. This includes, but is not limited to, billing, accounts payable, client funds, track and review results, and variance analysis.
- Liaison for field operations staff to corporate business and accounting functions.
- Measures, monitors and reports key performance indicators for division ensuring both financial and operational objectives are met.
- Coordinates the forecast process within the region, meeting all deadlines.
- Coordinates all audits that occur within the region.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in business related field such as Business, Finance, or Accounting required and a minimum of five (5) years of work experience in a finance-related role required with budget preparation/control or administration of government contracts preferred, or an equivalent combination of work experience and education. (Master's degree in business or public administration can substitute for one year of the required supervisory experience.)
- Must exhibit leadership qualities to gain the respect of all employees. Must have the ability and desire to work in a cooperative manner and to make management decisions.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer