To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Westchester, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Per Diem Milieu Counselor – Direct Support Professional
The Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services Inc. • Westchester, NY
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Milieu Counselor works with children or adolescents in a residential treatment setting and is responsible for ensuring that those portions of the treatment plan which deal with day to day and independent living skills are implemented. Acting as a positive role model and providing therapeutic parenting, the Milieu Counselor is charged with the fundamental responsibility of the client’s health and safety.
- Responsible for day‑to‑day care of the children in the program including helping consumers to maintain their personal hygiene, social guidance, use of leisure time, and food planning and preparation.
- Develop, supervise and run activity sessions.
- Accompany clients on trips and outings and supervise activities.
- May be called upon to work one on one with a client who is displaying significant stress or assist with management issues as they relate to clients.
- If required, perform therapeutic hold should a child be out of control. All employees are required to attend appropriate training prior to performing such a therapeutic hold.
- Drive the child to medical, social or other necessary appointments or assist in returning clients to the campus who are AWOL.
- Shares their experience and observation of the children under care with the treatment team and immediately brings to the attention of the supervisor any unusual issues.
- May be required to cook/prepare meals for residents within their cottage or division.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma is required.
Some work experience with a similar population in a residential setting.
A Driver’s License is required to meet all insurance requirements.