To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Red Bank, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Loan Officer - Northeast (NJ, NY and PA)
Flagstar Bank • Red Bank, NJ
Posted 14 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position TitleSr. Loan Officer - Northeast (NJ, NY and PA)
LocationRed Bank, NJ - Home Lending
Job SummaryProactively identify, develop and maintain a quality network of business relationships that serves as a source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. Interview new and existing customers to determine their loan needs and advise those customers of appropriate products, terms, and pricing while gathering any additional required data. Generate complete mortgage applications, ensure appropriate procedures and policies are followed, while meeting sales goals and objectives.
- Originate mortgage loans that meet Flagstar bank credit and underwriting requirements. Perform all origination tasks in accordance with industry and regulatory guidelines and requirements. Achieve sales and referral goals by developing a one-of-a-kind customer experience. Refer clients to other Flagstar business partners so that they may explore obtaining additional financial products and services that Flagstar offers (i.e. retail banking products, investments, commercial services). Market to and manage referral relationships. Referral relationships include realtors, builders, professional and personal contacts. Participate in in business related development opportunities community efforts to promote home ownership. Proactively seek ways to develop and expand customer relationships in order to achieve branch and personal goals.
- Provide status updates and assist processing with the collection of any trailing borrow documentation needed to complete loan processing and closing.
- Attend Flagstar required production meetings. Attend/complete all Flagstar and industry required training. Actively participate in opportunities to expand knowledge, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- 2+ years of demonstrated networking and/or referral sales experience. Experience in a self-generated/self-sourced sales environment strongly preferred.
- Mortgage industry experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates poise, tact and professionalism
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills including experience with MS application
- Ability to work flexible and varying work schedules.
- Travel 50 to 75%
Flagstar Bank is hiring Sr. Loan Officers in the following locations:
- Hackensack, NJ
- Morristown, NJ
- Red Bank, NJ
- Brooklyn, NY
- Queens, NY
- Staten Island, NY
- Fort Washington, PA
- King of Prussia, PA
Internal Use Only Job Band - M-Hrly
Job ID: 01953
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.