To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2880 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Security Officer (Circus Circus)
MGM Resorts International • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Please note: This job posting is designed to create a pool of qualified candidates for current and future opportunities.
- Continuously patrol and monitor all areas of the property. Maintain vigilance while on duty, respond promptly to all disturbances, and take appropriate action employing proper Departmental procedures. Be alert for fire and any safety hazards.
- Provide excellent service to guests and employees in a friendly and courteous manner, resolving complaints and issues raised by both.
- Respond to emergencies as needed, acting as a First Responder in emergency situations.
- Perform gaming drops/transactions, including carrying drop boxes and chip carriers per regulations and Departmental procedures.
- Maintain surveillance of casino areas to deter undesirable activities, check identification ensuring those under 21 years of age are not in the gaming or bar areas.
- Collect and return lost and found items in accordance with the company policy and procedures.
- Prepare detailed reports on all security-related incidents.
- Assist with traffic control.
- Operate company vehicles in accordance with Departmental policy.
- Adhere to proper radio communication procedures.
- During Hotel and Tower patrols, be alert for suspicious activity, unlocked doors, or any other conditions which may affect safety or security of the property and our guests; checks of maid carts and linen lockers.
- Meet requirements for carrying and use of firearms as specified in corporate policy. Comply with apprehension, arrest, and control procedures.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance, adhering to Circus Circus standards.
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 1 year of customer service experience.
- Ability to participate in all evacuations procedures to aid guests and employees during an emergency.
- Ability to learn, demonstrate proficiency and effectively use defensive tactics and handcuffing techniques.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous casino security experience.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.