This position represents the senior management representative responsible for developing, implementing, executing and managing the strategic business development and marketing initiatives for the organization. This individual leads development initiatives in order to meet company targets for growth, retention, and profitability, in the business markets and service lines served by the organization, and to contribute to the senior management of the company.
• Serves as a key member of the senior management team. In doing so, should contribute to the company’s strategic direction and formulation of policy that sets the company’s strategic direction.
• Work with business unit leaders and others to lead the development and execution of strategic sales and marketing plans in an effective and aggressive manner. This includes creation of budget plans in coordination with the Finance Dept.
• Plan and manage both the sales and marketing organization resources according to agreed budgets and within company policies and procedures.
• Establish credibility within the organization in demonstrating their skills with early period sales presentations and closings within their first 6 months of employment.
• Responsible for managing the business development pipeline along with creating and managing the direction, evaluation, and execution of RFI's, RFP's RFQ's etc. in collaboration with the marketing department and business unit managers. This includes the needs analysis, technical presentations, pricing, contract negotiations, and account implementation. Such will be completed in coordination with other key stakeholders and legal counsel as required.
• Initiate and lead business development initiatives and corresponding marketing communications that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy.
• Be the driving force in the development of the work ethic, culture and values of the business development and marketing groups, through personal example, and to establish the style and approach which will characterize the company’s dealings with customers and the marketplace.
• Recruit, manage, train and motivate direct and indirect reporting staff according to company procedures, policy and employment law to include building and co-managing business development teams across multiple business initiatives.
• Oversee administration and relevant reporting and planning systems pertaining to sales and marketing activities.
• Contribute to new service and product development planning and management.
• Define the appropriate marketing organization that aligns with the company’s strategic direction and goals.
• Lead the marketing strategic planning including corporate positioning and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans.
• Oversee the marketing communications department which is responsible for; Business Development support, advertising, white papers, trade shows, seminars, events, collateral materials, analyst and market research management; and website design and content either directly or on an outsourced basis.
• Define and direct marketing programs for demand creation, lead generation and for lead tracking and management.
• Work closely with business unit leaders to develop and manage partner strategies and programs that complement business development success and customer retention.
• Shall be responsible to; attend, participate, contribute and actively engage in and with business, trade and professional organizations in pursuit of achieving organization, professional and self-development goals.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related degree or 15 years’ experience in related fields across several functional areas including sales, marketing, customer service, administration and finance.
• Communication - Able to communicate and motivate effectively via oral conversation and written media. Must be a very competent writer and evaluator of business letters and proposals. Understands the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development, feature-benefits-solutions selling, cost per response, cost per conversion, etc. Appreciates need for consistency within company's communications, branding and marketing mix.
• Business and Selling Skills: Must be an excellent face-to face, verbal and written communicator.
• Tenacious - Ability to hold steadfast and complete a goal.
• Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
Interstate provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.