To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brattleboro, VT 05301
- Sarah McCloud
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Part Time Security Guard
Acadia Healthcare • Brattleboro, VT
Posted 5 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are currently seeking a Part-Time Security Guard to complete our Brattleboro Comprehensive Treatment Center.
Hours: 18 hours; Weekdays 5:45AM up to 10:30AM, Weekends 5:45AM up to 10:00AM.
Our Mission is to provide comprehensive services for persons working toward recovery through community awareness, quality and holistic clinical services in an efficient, safe and fiscally sound environment.
The Security Guard will be responsible for providing facility security for patients and staff. Must physically be able to remain standing for long periods of time and perform his/her duties indoors and outdoors. He/She must have training in working with the general public. He/She must be trained or have experience in customer relations. He/She must remember the treatment center is a behavioral healthcare facility and all of our patients must be treated with dignity and respect at all times.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to access control, patrols of the clinic's interior and
exterior, maintain order, and responding to emergencies.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in protecting personnel and the physical property from injury, damage, ordestruction, resulting from acts of negligence, carelessness, theft, fire, explosion,sabotage, and related matters
- Conduct foot patrols throughout building and external building perimeter verifying that pre-designated doors, locks, rooms, property and areas are secure
- Maintain vigilance at entrances to client's areas while enforcing regulations relating to admission of patients and deliveries
- Provide assistance and direction to patients, employees, and vendors visiting or conducting business with Discovery House
- Assist and cooperate with authorities under emergency conditions
- Respond to calls for assistance in preventing interference or disruption of operations
- Make preliminary reports and assist in the investigation of activities as assigned by clinic management
- Complete special assignments, projects, and/or orders directed by management
Our hours are earlier than many places, typically 5:45AM to 10:30AM, this gives our staff more time to pursue part-time schooling and hobbies in the evenings. Hours subject to change by location.
Essential Skills and Experience
- High school diploma/GED
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally. Strong report writing skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual and stressful circumstances
- Ability to pass a background check
Part Time Hours:
Weekdays: 5:45AM up to 10:30AM + Saturdays/Sundays: 5:45AM up to 10:00AM