To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Framingham, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Electrical Project Manager- Rail & Transit Experience Required
J. F. White Contracting Co. • Framingham, MA
Posted 2 days ago
The Project Manager (PM) - Electrical has full responsibility for electrical project or projects. He/She is responsible for the overall safety, efficiency and quality of the work; from estimating and cost control, to schedule adherence, through final project completion. The PM will be the Owner’s point of contact and will coordinate the job team to meet the goals of the project.
• He/She will interpret technical statements of work, specifications, plans, design documentation, and other Contract Documents as it relates to project planning, budgeting, procurements, implementation, testing, training, DBE selection, auditing and compliance, and project completion.
• The Electrical Project Manager will work with a variety of documentation on any given project including: submittals, testing, training, implementation, as-built documents, change orders, purchase orders, materials contracts and subcontracts to ensure high quality of work at a job site.
• Plan, schedule, adjust, and maintain timelines in a fast paced construction/installation environment while maximizing resources and optimizing budgets.
• Assign cost and manpower to the schedule and provide cash and manpower forecasting.
• Complete job costing reviews inclusive of invoice approvals, control estimate preparation and cost projection/job cost review, monitoring project for compliance with all applicable laws, as well as maintaining excellence of quality and safety standards and managing site staff personnel.
• Conducts site visits to understand the constructability of projects.
• Develops budgets and cost codes for projects; assisting in the preparation of technical proposals, including assisting in the design and writing the scope of work, management plans, work sequence, safety, and quality control and commissioning.
• Develops and presents clear and detailed project scopes to the client and meets with potential customers to present proposals.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Manage all jobs closeout procedures.
• Conduct post project reviews to determine areas for future improvement.
• Provide coaching/counseling to foreman.
- Demonstrates understanding and enthusiastic agreement with the vision and mission of J.F. White Contracting Company
- Must have experience in rail & transit electrical construction
• Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree (Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or Construction Management) with 10 years of experience working in electrical construction or a Licensed Electrician with 20 years of experience in electrical construction supervision.
• Pass a background check, including drug test.
• Works well with others in order to reach common goals.
• Proficiency using various software applications (CADD, Scheduling, MS Office Suite, and Estimation Software).
• Strong business skills.
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of electrical plans, blueprints, and drawings.
• Familiarity with electrical systems, equipment, materials, and specifications.
• Experience reading and interpreting construction plans and specifications.
• Experience with contract documents (contract drawings, specifications, subcontracts, contract addendum, and change orders).
• Must possess an ambitious attitude with a desire to advance.
• Successful at thinking quickly, independently, using critical thinking and able to rely on personal judgment and experience to make decisions and accomplish tasks.