To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
195 Church Street
New Haven, CT 06510
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
KeyBank • New Haven, CT
Posted 19 days ago
Banking - Financial Services
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF): Become the primary provider of investment services to KeyBank Community Bank clients by providing investment solutions to new and existing clients. Establish a strong partnership with Retail Branch Managers and Centers of Influence and maintain strong working relationships with all assigned Branches.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Utilizing a consultative sales process and assessment tools where appropriate, provide comprehensive, needs- based financial solutions to clients by offering a range of investment solutions and partnering with banking center staff.
- Attain sales production and referral goals by working book of business, lead lists, and closing on referrals. Develop a complete understanding of Key Investment Services solutions to support cross- selling opportunities, and learn the core bank products to generate referrals back to the Community Bank where appropriate.
- Be an active member of the Branch team. Engage licensed and non- licensed Branch personnel to identify investment referral opportunities from new clients and the existing bank client base.
- Coordinate all aspects of investment product delivery within assigned Branch(s), including the coaching of branch personnel, client management, service delivery and other resources in order to maximize needs- based sales production.
- Maintain responsibility for coaching and mentoring licensed KeyBank Relationship Managers to sell investment/annuity products to new and existing clients.
- Develop a strong Center of Influence strategy that leverages partnerships with the Retail Bank.
- FINRA Series 7, 63, 65 or 66 and state life & health insurance license. High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Broad knowledge of characteristics and needs of clients and partners within the bank- based investment market space.
- Demonstrated ability to sell products and services to investment clients; evidence of strong sales results. Strong customer focus.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to use: standard office equipment, proprietary financial services systems.
- Minimum licenses to be hired: Series 7, 63, state life and health insurance licenses. In the event you do not hold the 65 or 66 at the time of hire, it will become a condition of your continued employment with KIS which will need to be obtained within the time frame specified in your Offer Letter. Failure to timely obtain licenses may result in termination of employment.
KeyCorp’s roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation’s largest bank-based financial services companies with assets of approximately $101 billion as of June 30, 2016. The acquisition of First Niagara Financial Group, which became effective on August 1, 2016, is expected to add assets of approximately $40 billion, based on June 30, 2016 balances. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management and investment services to individuals and small and mid-sized businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association and First Niagara Bank, National Association, through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 15-state network of over 1,200 branches, 1,500 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank’s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job ID: 18670BR
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.