To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Plymouth Charter Township, MI 48170
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Intern
Trumpf • Plymouth Charter Township, MI
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
"Trusting in brave ideas" this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide our people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
The Human Resources Intern will play a critical role in assisting the HR team to ensure we are hiring the best possible talent. HR Intern is responsible for delivering varied facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs
• Conduct regular follow-up meetings with hiring managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting activity
• Coordinate interviews with the hiring managers
• Serve as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges , and industry associations
• Maintain relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved
• Experience working with HRIS systems for recruiting activity
• Review resumes to evaluate if they meet the position requirements
• Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the HRIS
• Conduct background checks
• Stay current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
• Must have knowledge of affirmative action
• Participate in creating / modifying company guidelines and / or processes
• Any additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by management
• Adhere to all company guidelines.
• No travel
• Must maintain Valid Driver’s License
• Occasional overnights is not required
• Normal amount of sitting and standing, average mobility to move around an office, and ability to conduct normal amount of work on a computer
Education & Experience
• At least 2 years experience working in human resources and with HRIS systems, preferably ADP
• Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or combination of education and work experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Microsoft Office; Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
TRUMPF Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as need arises. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, past or present history of mental disorder, physical, or learning disability, mental retardation, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.