To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
27777 Franklin Road
Southfield, MI 48034
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IT Business Analyst
Sun Communities and Sun RV Resorts • Southfield, MI
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Here we grow again! Sun Communities is continuing to grow, and so is our need for talented, innovative and game-changing team members. Our IT department is looking for a Business Analyst to help make new business opportunities a reality, working side by side with others who share the same passion.
What's a typical day? There's no such thing, but we can guarantee you'll spend your days collaborating with business leaders, system users and other team members to define new ways of doing things...capturing business requirements, defining new processes, collaborating with project managers, software developers and stakeholders...to see great ideas get done! If you're up for the challenge, keep reading!
As a Business Analyst, you'll be responsible for defining scope, eliciting business requirements, and documenting in a clear and concise manner for use of developers and QA teams. You'll understand business operational processes and the technology applications used to support them. Additionally, you'll work closely with the business to understand their needs, create processes, and propose technology solutions to meet those needs.
- Elicit business requirements utilizing a variety of techniques including interviews, work sessions, storyboarding, and prototyping.
- Evaluate business needs, analyze business processes, assist in evaluating alternatives, and determine appropriate solutions with the IT team and business partners.
- Collaborate with the Business and IT teams to ensure sufficient documentation is provided, allowing development teams to successfully code and implement projects.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions with stakeholders by evaluating needs and processes, analyzing data and determining appropriate solutions and alternatives.
- Lead business process re-engineering projects.
- Create and maintain artifacts including diagrams, use cases, activity charts, mock-ups, prototypes, data flow diagrams and data dictionaries.
- Create and maintain requirement/traceability documentation and technical specification documentation.
- Facilitate requirements review with Business and IT teams.
- Evaluate and determine level of effort and time required for solution delivery to ensure it’s completed in a timely manner.
- Assist with the development of test strategies, plans, scenarios and test cases.
- Support Quality Analysts and business teams during all phases of the testing process.
- Support development teams during solution design and build.
- Identify and assist in resolving issues, questions, and scope/requirements gaps quickly and effectively.
- Ensure results are delivered in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, OR equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Business Analyst role
- IIBA certification, preferred
- Prior experience with Waterfall, Agile and Six Sigma methodologies
- Working knowledge of business analysis best practices and methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, multitasking, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Flexibility in day-to-day work; ability to handle change and work independently
- Advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Visio