To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Uniontown, PA 15401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Plastics Injection Molding Setup Technician
Xylem • Uniontown, PA
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative and smart technology solutions to the world’s water and energy utility challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services, and agricultural settings. With its November 2016 acquisition of Sensus, Xylem added smart metering, network technologies and advanced data analytics to its portfolio of solutions for water, gas and electric utilities. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2016 revenue of $3.8 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands. The Company’s nearly 16,000 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Imagine working for a team of industry leading professionals providing real world, proven solutions for water, gas, and electric utilities. Envision yourself participating in the growth of the only US-based organization in the industry’s smart grid solutions portfolio, working with the largest Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) bases in the world and an extensively used Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) platform. Read below on how this critical role will impact our business objectives while helping the world!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Plastics Injection Molding Setup Technician. The Plastics Injection Molding Setup Technician will set plastic injection molds of all sizes and complexities in a variety of plastic injection molding machines to be able to efficiently produce quality parts. The setup person will be responsible for maintaining the process during the production run and assisting molding machine operators as needed. This is a 3rd shift position working 11:00 PM till 7:00 AM.
- Removes mold and auxiliary equipment from press and returns equipment to proper location. Sets next mold, locates and fastens on press, adjusts by shimming, sets ejection, sets pins, sets and adjusts to prescribed pressures, stroke, and temperatures, changing piping as required. Sample parts visually as well as dimensionally using micrometers, depth gauges, Federal dial indicators, etc.
- Set and adjust machine controls according to specifications or from instructions of supervisor. Use all available setup records as a guide to machine setup in relation to machine cycles, temperature settings, etc.
- Setup and prepare auxiliary equipment such as temperature controllers, conveyors, resin dryers, finishing tools, drill press, tapping head, etc
- Report to supervisor any setups that cannot be run in accordance with prescribed methods.
- Have machine in operation and producing acceptable parts, checked by inspection, before releasing for production operation.
- Instruct operator on proper operation of machine such as loading and unloading machine, etc.
- Acknowledge and correct molding difficulties. Report to supervisor of all problems and all difficulties with molding process
- Maintain accurate records on job starting and stopping times, production counts, and machine downtime.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, quantity, quality, and safety standards or procedures.
- Perform additional job duties not outlined but within the scope of the job activities as directed
- Equipment used: Plastic injection molding machine, cranes, various hand tools, temperature controllers, drill press, tapping arm, pick and place robots, etc.
Education and Experience:
- 5 years of Plastics Injection Molding setup and processing experience
- Prefer experience with robotic load/unload/packing equipment
- Must be qualified and pass a skills evaluation test.