To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Carlsbad, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Pharmacy Clerk - Carlsbad, CA
UnitedHealth Group • Carlsbad, CA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Be part of our next training class by applying today!
OptumRx consists of smart, motivated teams with great chemistry so join us and
take the first steps towards your new career.
If you share our all-in approach to excellence, you’re going to be amazed at the things we’re doing here at OptumRx. We’re one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’ll be empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You’ll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There’s no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work. (SM)
The Pharmacy Clerk is responsible for the processing and data entry of member and prescription information to support the management and delivery of prescription medications. Position may require making outbound calls or faxing members or providers to obtain further patient or prescription information.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (6 am-11 pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 2858 Loker Ave East, Suite 100, Carlsbad, CA 92010.
On- the-job training and test prep courses may be available for those individuals interested in pursuing a Pharmacy Technician certification.
- Processes incoming mail from Optum RX members related to pharmacy orders and actions to include sorting, prepping orders and formatting paperwork.
- Verify all required member personal and prescription information and completes data entry/updates into appropriate system
- Contacts members for needed information related to their pharmacy orders; request payment information from members
- Verifies and apply payment and/or benefit plan information to members pharmacy orders
- Submit/place orders by sending outgoing faxes for prescriptions
- Review pharmacy orders to determine if follow up is required or to identify appropriate department for routing
- 1 year of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- All new hires will be required to successful complete Pharmacy Operations training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
There are several steps in our hiring process - it’s a
thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you
and for us. In today’s ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting
your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by
completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history,
certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume,
you’ll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line
pre-screening test that we ask you to complete as part of our selection
process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we
will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all
of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time,
but you will also be notified via e-mail. http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group