To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA 90013
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sidley Austin • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A Receptionist operates the firm's cordless switchboard to relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice calls, and manages the reception desk by performing the following Duties and Responsibilities.
- Answers incoming calls, routes calls to the appropriate personnel and takes accurate messages.
- Receives visitors to the firm, obtains their names and the nature of their business, and directs them to the appropriate individuals within the firm.
- Logs incoming and outgoing envelopes and packages as received and notifies recipients immediately.
- Promptly and clearly pages personnel as requested.
- Provides basic Firm information to callers.
- Schedules conference rooms and maintains log of schedule.
- Accurately records arrivals, departures and lunch breaks for all personnel on daily attendance sheet.
- Informs Building Security of expected visitors.
- Provides taxi vouchers as requested and maintains taxi voucher records.
- Validates visitors' parking tickets and maintains parking validation records.
- Provides property removal passes as approved by the Facilities Manager.
- Maintains standard desk operating procedures and the professional appearance of the reception area.
- Maintains a safe and unobstructed work area, including a neat and well-organized desk.
- Demonstrates safe work practices.
- Assists other office services personnel as requested by the Receptionist Supervisor, and performs other work related duties as assigned or as judgment or necessity dictates.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a law firm.
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.