At Grobbel’s, here are just some of the benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Normal work week is Monday – Friday
- Salary based on experience
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Paid holidays & vacation time
- Quarterly bonuses - based on productivity
- Matching contribution to 401 (k) plan
- Individual leadership development
The Production Supervisor position here at Grobbel’s requires an individual who will lead a team of dedicated Line Supervisors to attain production and quality goals. You will lead a team to identify problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolve issues. You will be responsible and teach responsibility for managing and owning various operations. Most importantly, you will be responsible for creating an engaged and team oriented work force.
- College diploma or 3 years equivalent
- General testing equipment standards and procedures
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with general business, food and safety preferred
- Must be a citizen or national of the United States
- Proven leadership, persuasive, initiative, analytical, and communications skills are necessary for the success in this position
- Review production orders or schedules to ascertain product data, such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plan production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products, utilizing knowledge of production processes and methods, machine and equipment capabilities and human resources requirements.
- Monitor production of each workstation.
- Review production and operation reports and resolves operational and manufacturing problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays. Assist in troubleshooting of equipment with maintenance personnel.
- Manage and monitors employees in work methods and procedures to ensure full compliance with production standards, safety and health in the plant.
- Make sure that employees are trained/ cross-trained and understand and follow work instructions.
- Work on continuous improvement and efficiency of each operation.
- Provide improvement ideas for production, cost savings and health and safety.
- Daily communications with shipping, receiving, maintenance, quality and human resources.
- The position is very hands-on supervisors are usually in the production area “on-their feet” about 80% of the shift.
- Ability to directly supervise 40+ employees in the manufacturing department.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Six Sigma
- Management by fact
E.W. Grobbel Sons, Inc. is the country’s premier corned beef processor and has been located in the Detroit area since 1883. We supply our products to thousands of locations around the United States. Our company culture supports the growth of our employees by promoting from within and developing individual career paths.
At Grobbel’s, our people are the center of what we do. Every day, we strive to engage each individual here to develop their talents and discover their greatness. On the side, we make some of the finest specialty meats in the nation.
As an employee at Grobbel’s, you will be part of a fast paced, high performance team, driven by employee engagement and powered by work precision. You will be an integral leader in helping meet production goals and quality standards.
URL blocked - click to apply
Continuous Improvement Process