To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Philadelphia, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Lead Information Technology Support
The Judge Group • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Working closely with site management and Corporate IT personnel, this position will function as a combination Information Systems Tactician, Site Technical Expert, and overall Support Coordinator for their location. The ability to drive change and make improvements in local information systems is a must, as is developing, implementing and supporting state-of-the-art information systems at the local level in line with Division and Corporate I.T. strategy and standards.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Manages site information systems by assuming ownership for all site technology processes and support, including but not limited to, LAN, WAN, Client Server, Desktop, User Account, etc. (in conjunction with help desk) as well as site telecommunications systems.
- Provides first-response support on all mission critical systems issues 24 hours / 7 days a week
- Coordinates site support for users of professional computing (office computing) products and services such as: Windows, MS Office, Lotus Notes, Internet Explorer, desktops, laptops, network access, dial-in access, SAP, Lotus Notes, OCS Bar Coding, Fortis, LIMS, etc is optimized. Participate actively in such support activities as necessary
- Coordinate all site computer operations, including computer services continuous availability (Client and Server) as well as connectivity to FMC’s WAN
- Implement and maintain development of training programs for key enterprise IT systems (SAP, Lotus Notes, OCS Bar Coding, Fortis, LIMS etc.); elevate level of user knowledge and ownership and foster an environment where the user is excited about learning new methods or improving existing ones
- Interact closely with all IT and desktop resources, account executive, site management and end-users, and other locations as a means to facilitate communication, conflict resolution, and operating effectiveness
- Identify and substantiate the need for all site information system applications establish the initial priority as it relates to the overall plant informational needs ensure consistency with Division and Corporate wide IT strategy; supervise the acquisition and/or implementation of these applications and ensure that quality assurance, security and education are optimized; function as a working project leader where needed
- Responsible for site standardization in conformity with Division and Corporate IT strategy; supervise acquisition and/or implementation of these applications and ensure that quality assurance, security and education are optimized; function as a project lead as needed
- Optimize site systems security; coordinating, documenting and testing the effects of all applied patches to their operating systems, firmware and utilities such as anti-virus software and server management tools
- Establish vigilance in reviewing internal and external IT costs at site; identify opportunities for savings and cost reduction; participate in site budgeting and cost management activities as necessary
- Recommend and/or implement systems and services necessary to satisfy the site’s information and processing needs.
- Work closely with Division and Corporate IT to prepare, update and execute Newark IT long-range plans. Schedule IT contractors as needed
- Perform technical reviews of all system applications to ensure that these systems meet business objectives and financial standards.
- Implement and maintain site development / training programs for key enterprise IT business systems such as SAP
- Responsible for site is compliance with all IT related SOX and audit requirements (both internal and external.)
- Oversee backup and recovery support for all site specific computer systems and infrastructure
- Participates in safety, health, and environmental programs, and safety awareness as well as task force assignments and miscellaneous technical and production support as required.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business-related field
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years relevant experience in IT Applications, including strong knowledge of integrated systems and ERP Solutions (preferably SAP), hands-on experience with various aspects of computer operations, hardware acquisition, programming, and project control
- Minimum 3 years in an IT leadership role
- Manufacturing environment experience (labeling, process control network, barcode scanners) highly preferred
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in solving real business informational analysis problems
- Capable of developing a complete understanding of division operations and markets and a clear understanding of the division’s long-range plans and objectives
- Excellent working knowledge in information technology areas such as systems analysis, systems support and maintenance, communications, and network management activities
- Extensive working knowledge of hardware and software components and concepts
- Good analytical skills with demonstrated ability to solve technical problems
- Ability to perform minor mechanical repairs.