To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Plainsboro Center, NJ 08536
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
DIRECTOR - MARKET ACCESS - VALUE COMMUNICATION
Novo Nordisk • Plainsboro Center, NJ
Posted 1 day ago
Title DIRECTOR - MARKET ACCESS - VALUE COMMUNICATION
Job Category Market Access
Job Description Purpose
Formulates leads and executes the value communication strategy of a key Novo Nordisk product category. Responsible for overseeing value communication, payer marketing, evidence generation, and initiatives to increase market share for one or more Novo Nordisk products. Develops plans and executes key programs that will drive long-term profitable relationships with key accounts and the managed markets channel overall. Responsible for both inline and pipeline/launch products within responsible therapeutic / franchise area(s).
* Reports to Senior Director, Value Communication and Contracting Strategy.
* Interacts frequently in collaboration with internal management and senior level managed markets customer representatives.
* Interacts internally with team representatives from Finance, Brands, Medical Affairs, HEOR, Commercial Pipeline, Field Sales, Account Management, Analytics, Investor Relations, Value Communication and Contracting Strategy colleagues across all franchises, and all others, including global colleagues/counterparts, on a routine basis.
* Ensures strong collaboration across functions to strengthen patient and payer value story and provides timely communication of insights to all relevant partners.
* External relationships include interactions with managed markets customers (potentially including but not limited to payers, PBMs, employers, and organized customer groups), patient advocacy groups, key opinion leaders (KOLs), vendors and consultants.
* Owns, leads and oversees execution of all value communications initiatives for franchise, including initiatives and business plans for inline and pipeline products in the franchise, in order to maximize revenue and profitability for the franchise.
* Leads the development of the payer value story, supported by credible clinical, health economics and quality of life messages in order to justify brand value; interfaces with HEOR team to guide evidence generation efforts that support payer value story development.
* Leverages understanding of the competitive landscape to anticipate and pre-empt future competitor moves by developing innovative strategies and tactics.
* Ensures access strategies are aligned with portfolio/brand segment positioning and messaging, and with Novo Nordisk’s long-term goals.
* Ensures alignment on access strategy and key account plans and initiatives by partnering internally with Contracting Strategy, Value Communication for other franchises, channel leads, Account Management, Field Sales, and Brand Marketing.
* Interacts closely with Brand core and commercial team to develop payer marketing strategies, tactics, and initiatives to communicate value to customers and improve market access.
* Provides directional support to Account Management, Field Sales, and Managed Markets Execution teams for tactical execution and drives feedback generation that can be of value to inline or pipeline products.
* Develops best-in-class tools to ensure timely communication of Health Economics insights to relevant internal functions.
* Works collaboratively with Value Communication colleagues, Contracting Strategy, Strategy & Portfolio Innovation, PCOR, Brands, Health Economics, Medical Affairs, Account Executives, Analytics, and U.S. and Global Marketing Management to develop and implement a strategic and tactical approach for payer marketing.
* Ensures value communications strategies agreed upon are executed in a timely and efficient manner to meet the sales and profit objectives.
* Participates directly in key customer meetings, as appropriate.
* Delivers internal and/or external trainings and presentations on payer value communication and market access. Collaborates with Training to develop POA session format and content.
* Accountable for collaboration on customer-specific program development and execution to improve product access, reimbursement and product pull through. Understands ROI concepts to ensure program effectiveness.
* Develops and maintains relationships with key customer executives.
* Develops and oversees implementation of key metrics. Regularly reviews current program progress to accomplish goals.
* Adheres to administrative policies and procedures and encourages others to do the same.
* Contributes to practices that attract and retain the best people.
• 20-30% overnight travel required
Development of People
• Not Applicable
* A Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent experience. MBA or another advanced degree required. Relevant experience may be substituted for degree, when appropriate.
* A minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in any of the following areas: pricing, contracting, managed markets strategy, or value communication within payer marketing, national account management, consulting, and/ or market access strategy.
* A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
* A minimum of three (3) years of leadership experience.
* A minimum of three (3) years of experience in value communication, preferably in a brand-focused marketing role.
* Strong understanding of the US payer environment, payer market dynamics, payer marketing principles and how market access organizations make decisions across private & public channels.
* Have strong interpersonal; communication; analytical and project management skills.
* Ability to translate strategies into measurable tactical programs that have high ROI.
* Requires leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate a vision and engage people in that vision.
* Ability to access and influence various functional areas and motivate groups to action without direct line management responsibility.
Department MA - STRATEGY & INNOVATION (2)
Position Location US - Plainsboro, NJ
State/Provinces US - NJ
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call the U.S. Toll Free number at 1-855-411-5290 or click on the following link to submit your request: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/novoaccommodation. Please note we do not accept applications for employment or employment related solicitations through this site. If you are requesting special assistance, please specify your request by selecting "Yes" in Question 2 on the site. We will not be able to respond to requests unless you specify the need for special assistance or an accommodation in Question 2. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.