To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN 55428
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Program Chair for our Nursing Program
Herzing University • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 16 days ago
Education - Teaching - Administration
Herzing University's Minneapolis Campus is looking for a new Chair to manage our Nursing programs and the staff and faculty those programs include.
As a member of the Academic Leadership team, your responsibilities will include hiring, training, developing and evaluating staff, and potentially faculty, and supervision of both faculty and staff, but extends to programmatic management as well. This may include data collection, analysis and reporting, and continuous improvement.
You will primarily be responsible for supervising Minneapolis' Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, and support staff who have stepped up to the challenge of helping our students bridge the gap between the theory and practice in the nursing field. Our professional faculty engage tomorrow's nurses with intimate class sizes, up-to-date labs and simulation environments, and real-life clinical rotations (off site). As a program chair, some teaching will be a requirement, as well.
At Herzing we put our students’ needs first, which means that you will also have a hands on role with students. You will have the opportunity to engage in the enrollment process, participate in new student orientation, serve or lead various committees, and contribute to your teams' ongoing education and training.
Qualified applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Currently hold an unencumbered licensure in the state of Minnesota as a Registered Nurse
- Have a Master’s degree in Nursing
- At least two years’ experience clinical setting (e.g. pediatrics, medical surgical, critical care, etc.)
- Prior Nursing leadership experience in an RN program (e.g. supervising nurses or a chair in another program)
- Prior teaching experience
- Doctorate in a related field
- Experience working through an academic accreditation process
Herzing University offers full-time employees a competitive benefits package, many of which are available on your first day. This also includes a generous Tuition Waiver Program for full-time employees (and eligible dependents) after one year of employment.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
A full job description will be provided during the interview process when you can discuss what this specific role will be, but the position's responsibilities fall into eight basic areas.
- Engagement in the Curriculum Development Process
- Support of Pedagogical Mastery
- Operational Excellence
- Utilization of Technology to Enhance Teaching, Learning, and Program Development
- Promotion and Maintenance of a Positive Learning Environment and Department Culture
- Continuous Improvement
- Instructional Practice
These competencies, as identified by the University’s academic community encompass the knowledge, skills, and behaviors essential to a faculty member’s success in this role and provide the basis for the position's hiring, evaluation, and development process.
In addition to supervising and observing staff and Faculty in the classroom and working with students, our Nursing program does have a clinical component. When applying to this job, you are confirming that you are able to do the following, in both the classroom and at our clinical sites:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Ability to move about readily and rapidly, if necessary, around campus, classrooms, clinical settings, etc., to access classrooms, desks, students, office machinery, clinics, patients, etc.
- Constantly communicates using the spoken word with students, staff and colleagues.
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
- Operate equipment specific to programmatic track, personal computer, audio-visual equipment, clinical equipment, etc.
- Travel to off-site meetings or conferences or to observe students during clinical education at off-site clinical settings.
- Stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects.
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters.
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Job ID: 2228
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.