To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1777 3rd Avenue
Detroit, MI 48226
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Executive Director, Hotel Operations - MGM Grand Detroit
MGM Resorts International • Detroit, MI
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
It is the responsibility of the Executive Director, Hotel Operations to manage hotel operations to include Front Desk, Front Services, Spa, PBX, Housekeeping, and Valet teams while performing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Grand Detroit Mission Statement.
- Provides strategic direction based upon observations and in compliance with the company’s strategic plan, vision, overall goals, and objectives – ability to establish a vision and objectives for key Hotel Operations departments, including but not limited to Front Desk, Front Services, Spa, PBX, Housekeeping, and Valet.
- Directs and monitors fiscal budget, yield management of hotel inventory, operations of assigned departments and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability for MGM Grand Detroit. Maximizes hotel occupancy, rate and revenue, as well as participates in all strategic sessions to establish forecasting metrics and provides input regarding the direction of hotel occupancy and yield.
- Provides leadership and direction in the development, execution, and measurement of guest service standards within the Hotel Division consistent with the company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
- Provides input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology, and processes to ensure MGM Grand Detroit’s competitive position in anticipation of changing guest’s needs within the dynamic hospitality/gaming environment.
- Ensures cleanliness of the hotel.
- Interface with team members to ensure a cohesive, consistent workforce that understands and provides guest service at an exceptional level.
- Ensures efficiencies of process and service are constantly reviewed and analyzed for continued improvement within assigned departments.
- Develops communicative relationships with all operational departments, as well as Hotel Sales, Marketing, and Conference Services.
- Understands and manages the assigned departments’ financial statement and ensures responsible fiscal management.
- Oversees the management of Front Desk, Front Services, Spa, PBX, Housekeeping, and Valet teams to include efficient staffing, employee development and training, performance management and policy enforcement.
- Promotes and maintains a professional, friendly, prompt, accurate, and courteous atmosphere while providing the highest level of service to all guests by exhibiting S.H.O.W. Service Basic Standards, including smiling, greeting, and making eye contact, while staying alert to their needs. Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to MGM Grand Detroit and the downtown Detroit area.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies senior management and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 21 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality, business administration or related field.
- Eight years of hotel operations management experience overseeing multiple departments in a luxury hotel/resort complex.
- Previous experience at a 4/5 diamond/star resort in similar capacity.
- Proven working knowledge of Human Resources, Employee Relations, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Experience in multi-tasking of projects and project management.
- Knowledge of Forbes and AAA service standards.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Strong keyboarding and typing skills.
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills.
- Strong problem solving and listening skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bilingual abilities preferred.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work in an environment where pipe, cigar, and cigarette smoking is permitted.
- Ability to function and act independently.
- Ability to work well with people, in a team environment, and to communicate effectively both written & oral.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Obtain/maintain Michigan Gaming Control Board Level 1 Occupational License.