To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Collins, CO 80525
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assembly Tech Intern
The Lincoln Electric Company • Fort Collins, CO
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Wolf Robotics, a subsidiary of Lincoln Electric, has had over 8,400 installations, our team of automation professionals has implemented solutions for the toughest metal working projects around. We foster an environment that encourages our group of bright, talented, and skilled employees to design and develop new products.
Position Summary: This job involves supporting the integration of large, custom robotic welding systems including: mechanical assembly, electrical sub assembly, and tear down.
- Welding and/or Engineering coursework
- Currently enrolled in technical or community college
- Experience in mechanical and electrical assembly
- Must have the ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical prints
- Ability to use common hand tools, digital volt meter and oscilloscope
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Electrical sub-assembly (build from cable drawings or electrical schematics)
- Cable assembly
- Electrical harness assembly
- Wiring of electrical panels
- Mechanical assembly (build from assembly drawings, pictures, or instruction)
- Machine assembly
- Mechanical erection of system structures, safety fencing
- Mounting of brackets and components (drilling and tapping as required)
- Routing of electrical cables and hoses throughout system
- Teardown equipment and package for shipping
- Disassembly of finished system equipment
- Construction of wooden shipping pallets
- Packaging and banding of equipment
- Loading of equipment in enclosed trailers and on flat bed trailers
Success factors/job competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills, team oriented, hardworking, driven, and ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to build electrical and mechanical assemblies at high quality
- Ability to work productively
Physical demands and work environment: The characteristics described here are representative of those that required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the intern is regularly required to walk. The intern frequently is required to talk or hear and see including distinguishing colors on electrical components. The intern is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The intern must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work environment: The work environment is mainly on the manufacturing floor. While performing duties of the position, the intern is exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme heat, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to loud.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.