To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Philadelphia, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
COUNSELOR, OPERATIONS/SECURITY MONITOR I
Geo Reentry Services, LLC. • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 13 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position maintains an orderly environment within the assigned unit or area of the facility and performs standard operating procedures in accordance with facility policies and procedures as required by Company and the client’s contractual requirement. This position follows daily schedules and performs the duties of this position in an exemplary manner at all times.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all resident movement within the assigned unit or area.
- Reports resident accidents or injuries to supervisor.
- Provides orientation to new residents and discharges others
- Performs scheduled resident headcounts and completes written count reports.
- Conducts daily inspections and searches of resident sleeping quarters and body searches as necessary.
- When assigned, monitors eye drug testing.
- Reports all resident behavioral problem incidents in writing to supervisor and conducts appropriate crisis intervention.
- Collects urine samples for random and routine substance abuse screenings of residents.
- Transports residents by company vehicle to out-of-facility appointments.
- Monitors security cameras to maintain safe and secure orderly environment for residents.
- Enforces the facility’s rules of conduct with the residents.
- Supervises resident visitations.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and one (1) year of experience in substance abuse treatment. A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Services or related field may be substituted for experience; or
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in the field of Psychology, Criminal Justice, Counseling, Social Work, or related field(s) and/or a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC). Master’s preferred.
- Ability to serves as a model for resident behavior.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the field of addictions or mental health counseling preferred.
- Required skills include: time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime as requested by management.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer