Logistics Management Trainee
Cowan Systems, LLC has a strong foundation in the transportation industry, and provides all services a shipper could require. We have a network of intermodal locations, a large fleet consisting of 1,500 power units and 5,000 trailers, a full service logistics division, and warehouses that fulfill distribution needs.
Cowan Logistics, a division of Cowan Systems, LLC, serves as a freight brokerage, and is seeking motivated individuals looking to start their career with a growing organization in a steady industry. The Logistics Coordinator role is an exciting opportunity within our logistics division, supporting our operations team. We provide on-the-job training, room for growth and advancement within the organization, and a competitive compensation structure.
Summary of Position:
The Logistics Management Trainee performs in an operational, customer service, and sales support capacity. They are responsible for identifying the most efficient means of moving our customer's freight, resolving client conflict, and building valuable relationships with carriers.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and nurture partner relationships with carrier contacts
- Negotiate rates with carriers to achieve optimal margins
- Ability to make phone calls and spend in excess of four hours on the telephone every day
- Update and maintain Logistics Management System
- Able to work both independently and within a team
- Analytical and logistics planning
- Proactively identify problems and implement effective solutions
- Achieve individual, team, and company goals and objectives
Skills & Requirements:
- Ability to work successfully and professionally in a team-based environment
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to negotiate rates, sell services, and build professional relationships via telephone
- Strong communication (both verbal and written), problem solving, & decision making skills
- Bachelor degree preferred
Outstanding benefits, including:
Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability
Sick, Vacation, and Holiday PTO
Complex Problem Solving