To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Draper, UT 84020
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Work from Home
Elwood Staffing • Draper, UT
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Before digging in Utah, state law requires that an excavator (contractor, homeowner, etc.) have his dig site area checked for underground utility lines. Instead of contacting each utility company individually to ask if they have underground lines at the dig site, the excavator can contact our client, which is a membership association of 580+ utility companies in Utah that operates a contact center to act as a communication link between the excavator and the utility companies
As a customer service specialist you would join a highly trained team that holds the most important position within this local Draper company.You have an added benefit of working from home after a 90 day period along with internet provided to you at no cost!!!!
As a Customer service representative your role would include the following:
- Answer incoming calls and/or online ticket requests from excavators and create locate request tickets
- Capture on every ticket: excavator contact info, excavation description, dig site location, and specific marking instructions
- Recognize that every call/online request is different because of the wide variety of excavation activities and dig site locations. There will be some easy locate requests from homeowners installing sprinkler systems and fences. But there will also be very complex locate requests from professional contractors doing such varied activities as roadway reconstruction, installing utility lines, soil sampling and drilling to extract oil & natural gas.
- Responsible to capture all of the needed information and create easy-to-understand directions that the utility company personnel can follow to get to the dig site location and then check the specific area for utility lines
Pay Rate: $12.00 to start
Schedule: M-F 8am - 5pm
As a customer Service Representative you would need to meet the following qualifications:
- Attend the first several weeks of training in Draper, UT
- Type at least 40 WPM without needing to look at the keyboard while typing.
- Know how to read maps, be comforatable and confident in following directions, understanding how address count etc.
- Be able to think spatially - be able to visualize in your mind a dig site location, including its length and width.
- Know how to read maps, be comfortable and confident in following directions, understanding how address count etc.
- Be comfortable talking on the phone all day.
- Not be frustrated by swings in call volume-high volume can cause stress in summer, low volume can cause boredom in winter.
- Be confident and willing to ask questions and probe for details until you have all the needed information.
- Provide helpful, patient, polite & friendly customer service, even to callers who are rude and/or unprepared.
- Be willing to ask lots of questions, learn a lot, correct your mistakes.
- Be familiar with computers in general, including Microsoft Office software like Outlook, Word & Excel
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate diversity at all levels of our organization.
Please email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and call or text us at 801-569-1993 to hear more!