To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Madison, WI 53705
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Non-Profit Staff Accountant
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation • Madison, WI
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Non-Profit Accountant position applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Computes and prepares data for journal entries, general ledger, and related financial statements; performs day-to-day general accounting functions. Manages the accounting and financial reporting of the non-profits of Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Prepares Journal entries
- Completes general ledger operations
- Prepares monthly closings and financial statements
- Reconciles and maintains balance sheet accounts
- Prepares analysis of accounts as requested
- Assists with month-end and year-end closings
- Manages accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Manages bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences
- Manages account/bank reconciliations
- Assists with the preparation and coordination of the audit process
- Assist with related special projects
Non-essential Job Functions:
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Adopts Fairway values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions
- Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CFO
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Non-profit accounting experience preferred
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience providing timely and accurate required reports and monthly financial close
- Demonstrated experience with accounting software
- Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, written and oral communication, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to strict deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office software products and 10 keypad.
- Demonstrated experience learning and applying procedures quickly
If you are interested in being a part of a culture that is built on team work, transparency, speed to serve, and collaboration, you'll enjoy a career with us.
When providing your employment history, ensure you include:
* Your current/most recent employer
* Your last ten (10) years of employment history (if you have less than 10 years of employment history, include all employment history)
Please do not submit a job application if you are a currently employed with Fairway Independent Mortgage Company. You will need to contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] directly to be considered for the position.
To view your rights as an employee in the United States, you may select the following link: www.posterguard.com/eposter/U1200AFL2-ApplcntFdrlIntrntLcnsngWthEVrfy.pdf