To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
458 Arkansas 18
Blytheville, AR 72315
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Speech Therapy Assistant
Acadia-Healthcare • Blytheville, AR
Posted 8 days ago
Healthcare - Health Services
- The SLPA may not develop treatment plans for patients.
- Conducts speech therapy services, as appropriate. The number and length of these sessions will be determined by a licensed SLP in accordance with Ascent and Medicaid’s therapy guidelines.
- For every service billed, the SLPA will provide progress notes in the appropriate format which contains all information as required by company policy, CHMS and/or RSPMI guidelines, and/or other applicable regulations. The SLPA will keep detailed records of all work with all patients he/she serves. All billing and required supporting documentation must be done in compliance with company standards.
- The productivity expectation of a SLPA is defined as delivering all of the prescribed therapy units on your caseload. Expectations are that a therapist will spend approximately 6 ½ hours (26 units) out of an 8 hour day providing direct care to patients. Productivity will be assessed as part of the employee’s performance evaluation.
- Participates in supervision with a SLP in accordance with the Arkansas Board of Examiners Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology .
- Ensures that Credible visits are completed for each patient served on a daily basis.
- Assists with completion of other documentation related to speech therapy, as appropriate.
- Refers patients for additional clinical services, as needed.
- Attends and actively participates in job-related center functions such as parent meetings, transition conferences, peer reviews, conferences with supervisors, staff workshops, and job orientations, as indicated.
- Represents the program to parents, visitors, and the public in a positive way.
- Maintains familiarity with health and safety guidelines, including universal precautions and daily operating procedures, as implemented by the clinic nurse.
- Immediately reports any information regarding health and safety concerns to supervisor or clinic nurse.
- Completes relevant and approved continuing professional education each year as required to maintain professional licensure.
- Provides supervisor/HR with renewed registration number.
- Is familiar with the company’s policies and procedures and guidelines, as well as those requirements set forth by regulatory agencies, including CHMS, AR Child Care Licensing, and the AR Health Department.
- Displays concern for the rights of patients and families served by the clinic.
- May perform other related and non-related duties, as assigned and agreed upon by both parties.
Job ID: cd8bf1b2a3a2477daec2108ba466994c
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.