To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1467 Route 31
Annandale, NJ 08801
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Product Development Engineer (Power Tools)
Ingersoll Rand • Annandale, NJ
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Summary: This Product Development / Mechanical Engineering position is within our Power Tools Strategic Business Unit which is based in Annandale, New Jersey. We design, engineer and manufacturer professional vehicle repair and industrial air and cordless power tools. This person for this position must work closely with cross-functional teams including product management, industrial design, supply chain and operations. This engineer will be asked to develop subsystems and complete power tools, from concept thru testing and into final production. He/she must be a team player and easily interact with others in and outside the company. This engineer must have the ability to multi-task, communicate clearly, and work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Drive completion of assigned engineering subsystems and complete power tools for concept thru production that meet global standards and the intended market specifications.
- Prepare layout models and detailed drawings using Pro Engineering 3D solid modeling within a Windchill environment. Provide critical GD&T guidance to team designers.
- Prepare typical engineering documentation to include bills of material, test specifications, lab reports, etc.
- Drive completion of new product testing thru Ingersoll Rand laboratory protocols. Work cooperatively to execute test plans with lab technicians.
- Develop documentation such as safety manuals, operating instructions, and testing procedures.
- Create and maintain project schedules and budgets for material, consultants, travel and tooling.
- Report progress of assigned projects and maintain recoverable records.
- Perform basic engineering stress (FEA) and systems calculations necessary to insure adequacy of the design for its intended use.
- Relentless effort to resolve all warranty and field problems expeditiously. Manage activities through Ingersoll Rand quality systems.
- Provide support to manufacturing, marketing, customer service, procurement and quality assurance departments on current and potential future products and derivatives.
- Travel to customer sites, both local and international is required occasionally to gain insight into customer applications, audit suppliers, and to provide technical support for sales and service.
- 3 plus years of experience required
- 4 year Degree Mechanical Engineer (ME)
- Strong project management skills including demonstrated expertise in organizing tasks and managing time to complete simultaneous multiple assignments.
- Demonstrated leadership in taking initiative to improve design tools, methods, and/or standards.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely design decisions, applying creativity and sound judgment.
- Demonstrated high proficiency in 3-D modeling and drafting with Creo required.
- Demonstrated experience using ANSI Y14.5 drafting standards.
- In depth understanding of product function fundamentals at both component and system levels.
- In depth knowledge of tolerance stack-ups, part inspection procedures, and regulation standards.
- Demonstrated experience using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) required.
- In depth understanding of manufacturing processes preferred including knowledge of machining processes, assembly processes, material treatments and near net shape processes (such as casting, molding, forging, stamping and forming).
- Experience working within a manufacturing facility or production location strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to direct the work of others including suppliers, designers and lab technicians.
- Prior experience as a mechanic either as a hobby or profession is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in cordless power tool design is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with brushless motors and drives is strongly preferred.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.