To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
- United Nations Federal Credit Union
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mortgage Loan Officer - Tristate
United Nations Federal Credit Union • New York, NY
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position performs the solicitation and origination of residential first Mortgage/HELOC/HELOAN origination with potential applicant(s), determination of applicant’s financial needs and promotion of UNFCU mortgage products that meet those needs, in compliance with UNFCU loan policy and federal, state and NCUA rules, regulations and laws. This includes communication with members and staff while upholding UNFCU’s commitment to quality member service and representing UNFCU in a positive and professional manner. This position is a self sourcing position leveraging relationship building skills to broaden the UNFCU membership.
- Interview applicant(s) for residential first and second mortgage business to determine qualifications and appropriate product(s); explore all possible alternatives and make appropriate recommendations for products and services for the member/applicant; establish and maintain relationships with potential applicants and promote/solicit mortgage business; provide mortgage product education to membership.
- Manage the application process; transfer data/information taken from the member/applicant into appropriate information systems; provide required disclosures and review with members for accuracy; ensure the accurate preparation of application forms required by UNFCU, in compliance with all related regulations and laws; perform analysis of required documents to appropriately advise membership; monitor regulatory environment for possible changes that may affect residential mortgage lending procedures/guidelines; assist in the resolution of problem situations and commitment conditions.
- Develop methodologies to determine opportunities for new mortgage business. Develop relationships to assist borrowers during the mortgage process.
- Follow-up with the Processors to ensure the timely closing of the mortgage. Inform members of the status of their files in accordance with UNFCU’s guidelines for frequency and timeliness.
- Monitor products, services and rates to ensure UNFCU rates are competitive. Recommend changes to management based on local and national market conditions. Participate in Mortgage Centre initiatives and seminars to educate membership and publicize mortgage operations. Identify opportunities to offer additional mortgage products or cross-sell other credit union products or services. Initiate referrals to the Investment/Insurance Centre.
- Act as a resource within the overall Mortgage Department. Participate in credit union training programs and any other function as requested.
- Prepare monthly origination/production reports for management and participate in sales tracking.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, plus 2-4 years of progressive mortgage originations experience.
- Strong PC skills, with good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage lending regulations (i.e. RESPA, REG Z and ECOA), secondary mortgage market – FNMA or FHLMC and private mortgage insurance guidelines required, in addition to ability to read and interpret appraisals, tax returns and credit reports
- A professional appearance, willingness to work flexible hours and availability to meet with applicants outside traditional working hours is necessary.
- Excellent sales and service orientation with strong organizational and communication skills is desired
- Must possess a full range of knowledge in first or second residential mortgage lending origination
An individual in this position must be licensed with the federal Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry pursuant to SAFE ACT requirements. All individuals engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE ACT) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE ACT requirements. Failure to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE ACT background check and registration will affect eligibility for continued employment and will result in immediate termination.
- Works remotely.
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.