To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Salisbury, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MARTIN MARIETTA • Salisbury, NC
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Recently debuting at #57 on Fortune magazine's list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded._____________________________________
Assist Master Machinist on machining and setting up specialized equipment and parts for repair. Basic machinist skills, such as measuring with large diameter micrometers and calipers up to 60\u201d in diameter, conformance to machining tolerances specified, deburring, and final quality inspection will be required. Also be able to set-up large, irregular workpieces. These skills along with mechanical skills will be necessary to accomplish individual and group work assignments.
Many jobs will require individual efforts to complete the work and will require the ability to rig, level, plumb, set-up, secure, drill, tap, bore using machines such as manual engine lathes, horizontal boring mills, drill presses and various CNC vertical turning centers. The ability to understand and communicate critical dimensions and tolerances while working with others to meet the demands of the position will be essential to a quality finished product. Have math skills and the ability to read blueprints and understand tolerances are required.
Heavy Rigging and Machining Set-up experience will be helpful in performing the job function. The ability to work with others to perform the necessary work requirements and obtain team related goals are mandatory.
- 4+ years of machine shop experience with willingness to stick with and solve problems as they arise.
- 2 year degree or technical training in machining a plus.
- Math skills and the ability to read blueprints, parts books and equipment manuals.
- Ability to correctly measure parts, clearances and interference fits; experience with large micrometers and calipers to measure parts.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic individual willing to work with minimal supervision and at high level of accountability.
- Experience working with heavy off-road mobile equipment and/or aggregate processing equipment, such as crushers desired.
- Basic windows based computer skills required; advanced computer skills for reporting, information transfer, scheduling and analysis a plus.
- Ability to calculate feeds, speeds and depth of cut for different materials.
- Proficient in CNC lathe programming; Experience in operating FANUC & Siemens CNC controls preferred.
- Experience in machining using a 4 jaw chuck with steady rest and tailstock.
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.