To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lafayette, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse / RN - Home Health - PRN
Intrepid Healthcare Services • Lafayette, LA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with a national leader of personalized health care – this is your chance to join us at Intrepid USA! We are a national company with a local perspective, and working with us, you'll find that what we do is all about what matters the most – helping patients live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Our innovative approach gives patients access to the highly experienced clinical teams and up-to-date programs you would expect from a large company and combines them with the flexible, dedicated and personalized care you may expect from a smaller company.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a compassionate and experienced Registered Nurse on a PRN or 'as needed basis' to deliver professional nursing care for clients in accordance with the established plan of care and agency policies and procedures. At Intrepid, we focus on the heart of the matter – providing talented healthcare professionals, giving them opportunities to follow their passion, and ultimately giving patients the best care available for home health care, hospice and private duty care. Bring your enthusiasm and compassion to help others and we’ll provide you with a nurturing caring environment that will empower and inspire you to make a difference.
As a Registered Nurse, you will assess, plan and intervene using the nursing process to meet the client’s health care needs. This will involve performing assigned nursing procedures, including the administration of treatments and medications in the care of the client, in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and the plan of care. Additionally, you will observe and report any signs or symptoms indicative of changes in the client’s condition and family situation, and also document such reports and observations in the clinical record.
Additional duties for this home care nursing role include, but are not limited to:
- Interacts with clients and families to meet individual physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs.
- Teaches the clients/caregivers appropriate self-care techniques.
- Assists with the rehabilitation of clients according to the client care plan.
- Consults the Case Manager/MD in making changes or decisions with the plan of care.
- Maintains compliance with all the requirements of state licensure and Medicare COPS.
- Notifies the Case Manager, physicians, and families of changes in the client’s condition.
- Maintains data collection, recording, and reporting systems to ensure proper service, uniform accounting, data collection, and measurement of outcomes.
- Participates in on-call and committee meetings on request.
- Communicates potential risk management issues and reports abuse or unsafe/illegal practice as required by law.
Participate in the marketing efforts of the office as needed.
Participates in community relations activities as requested.
Promotes the agency through positive representation and communication of its services
- Attends case conferences as requested and staff meetings as requested.
Complies with the requirements of state licensure and accreditation by following policy and procedure maintaining competencies and knowledge base.
Recommends new policies and/or changes in current policies to improve quality of client services as well as efficiency and effectiveness of services.
Provides care as outlined in the client’s plan of care and documents appropriately in the record.
Follows all company policies and procedures.
Follows all infection control and OSHA standards and all state and federal regulations.
Documents legibly and according to agency standards.
Submits all documentation (clinical and payroll) timely and per branch policy (at least weekly).
Accurately documents all events related to clients and completes any related documents as required by state or Federal requirements. May assist in the quarterly review of records.
Assures and completes accurate documentation with all clinical data including but no limited to admission through discharge, updates, OASIS, HCFA 485, physician’s orders, skilled nursing visits and changes in conditions.
Is punctual for client visits and reports to work as scheduled.
Documents only for visits completed and uses highest ethical standards in documentation.
We are looking for RNs who combine the knowledge, clinical skills, and judgement necessary to perform all nursing procedures as outlined in the scope of practice, with the ability to contribute as a team member and work independently. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to positively adapt to change. Furthermore, it is important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as a strong knowledge of the regulatory requirements at the state, federal, and local level.
Specific qualifications for this nursing role include:
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program
- Minimum1 year of experience in nursing; previous acute care and home health care/public health experience, strongly preferred
- Current and valid RN license in the state of practice
- Auto liability insurance per policy plus current and unrestricted driver’s license
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to take actions to meet customer needs
- Flexibility to adapt to work schedules to complete diverse client assignments
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures and willingness to support our mission
- Complying with all the requirements of state licensure and Medicare COPS
- Current CPR certification
Join Intrepid USA – and make a real difference in the lives of our patients!