To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Johnstown, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Broadcast Engineer Technician
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. • Johnstown, PA
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJAC, in Johnstown, PA, has an excellent career opportunity for a full-time Broadcast and IT Engineer Technician to support the Engineering department on its daily computer and network operations. This position involves maintaining equipment, computers and servers related to television transmission and video automation systems. The candidate will be directly responsible for hands-on support of modern broadcast equipment.
- Maintain and repair computers, servers, transmitters (AM, FM, TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.), receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, video tape systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, monitors and display systems
- Provide technical support to operational users
- Provide support in the management of Servers, Network Security, and Network Services
- PC/MAC hardware/software support of on-site installing, servicing, and repairing workstations
- Provide support for the technical needs of the News department
- Assist with video equipment set-up and maintenance
- Assist with Transmitter and Master Control Maintenance
- Assist with LAN and WAN-related hardware and software maintenance
- Develop knowledge of facility-specific IT needs and assist in supporting these systems
- Apply regular security updates
- Perform physical inventory of equipment
- Assist with building and installing electronic systems/equipment as assigned
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required
- Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices and maintain accurate records of all work performed
- Other duties may be assigned
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent experience in IT, electronics, or computer-related field
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
- A great team-oriented attitude and dedication to quality
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge and competency in core hardware and computer system technologies, including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and LAN/WAN networking
- Proficiency in troubleshooting problems and responding quickly under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Avid-related software and hardware products a plus
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with on-call duty, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift computers and equipment generally less than 50 pounds
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!