To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Consultant - Health Plans - Operations Transformation
Deloitte • Boston, MA
Posted 3 days ago
Senior Consultant, Strategy & Operations, Health Plans/Operations Transformation
The team – About our Health Plans Practice
In the current environment, Health Plans face more than an adjustment. They are playing a new role in helping new populations get new kinds of care in new ways. Deloitte’s Health Plans practice understands the past and present of the health care industry—and we collaborate with clients to address complex challenges and help them create and shape their future.
The fee-for-service (FFS) model as we know it today may be headed for obsolescence. In its absence, Plans face a crossroads—enhance positions through new models and collaborations, or risk irrelevance. The shift from volume-based to value-based care isn’t immediate, but the end of FFS in its current form may be inevitable. This change affects everyone in the health care ecosystem.
Work you’ll do
Senior Consultants participate in project work streams or components of large, complex engagements. Senior consultants handle the detailed, quantitative analysis work associated with developing meaningful insights to address Deloitte clients’ biggest challenges.
Typical project responsibilities of Senior Consultants could be:
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope
- Design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results
- Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record
- 4 years of professional experience in industry (or 3 years with MBA degree)
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility; performed above expectations in professional roles
- Ability to work independently; lead small teams focused on specific work streams of larger projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and MS Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Willingness and ability to travel 80 %
- Advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA) from a top tier program
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Ability to lead small teams and own deliverables
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte’s consulting offices
Strategy & Operations
A part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Strategy & Operations consultants offer insightful recommendations and data-fueled strategies to help our clients address some of their most complex business issues. We are a diverse and talented team that supports a collaborative culture and delivers value through the application of technology, strategy, and process improvement. We tackle our clients’ organizational strategy, financial management, supply management, innovation, and growth issues and help to enhance their business performance, productivity, and long-term profitability. Join us, and play a key role in designing our clients’ roadmap to the future. Learn more about our Strategy & Operations practice
Deloitte’s Operations Transformation practice helps clients implement their corporate strategy and accomplish their business objectives. Using our deep sector and technical expertise we transform our clients’ core business and operations, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda and maximize operational efficiency.
We bring the breadth and depth of Deloitte’s capabilities to our clients, delivering real value by designing and running impactful transformation programs. Learn more about our Operations Transformation Practice
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Who says work can’t be fun? At Deloitte, the worlds of business, creative, and technology intersect to transform the way we work, play, and communicate. We can’t quite put our finger on it, but that combo creates something kind of magical. In studios or on the road, we believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment and distinctive culture. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.