To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reading, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lean Manufacturing Specialist
Carpenter Technology • Reading, PA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leader in the development, manufacture and distribution of cast/wrought and powder metal stainless steels and specialty alloys including high temperature (iron-nickel-cobalt base), stainless, superior corrosion resistant, controlled expansion alloys, ultra high strength and implantable alloys, tool and die steels, and other specialty metals as well as cast/wrought titanium alloys. We provide materials solutions to the ever changing needs of the automotive, aerospace/ defense, energy, industrial, medical, and consumer products industries. Since it is all about innovation at Carpenter, we are continuing to grow and develop our business strategies.
LEAN MANUFACTURING SPECIALIST
- Transfers lean knowledge to others and leads others during implementation of projects to achieve a Lean Enterprise.
- Provides leadership in the development and application of Lean Enterprise tools and education.
- Acts as a change agent leading continuous process improvement and product or process development.
- Serves as technical content Lean Expert, provides coaching/advice to peers and direct reports, facilitate teams to achieve continuous improvement goals, trains others in use of quality and continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Two year college degree or demonstrated equivalent experience as determined by department management.
- Five years or more of related experience or equivalent as determined by department management.
- Lean and Six Sigma training preferred.
- Practical understanding of industrial/manufacturing principles, standards, methods and practices.
- Demonstrated leadership ability; sets high expectations for performance.
- Direct, candid and mature interpersonal skills.
- Trustworthy and able to influence others.
- Willingness to offer a dissenting opinion before final decisions are reached.
- Assertiveness in support of safety and operational requirements.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Good business judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.