To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN 46250
- Kellie Billups
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Kelly Scientific Resources • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Kelly Scientific Resources has a direct hire opening for a Clinical Lab Technologist in the Indianapolis area. The Laboratory Technologist is responsible for accurately and efficiently processing patient samples using laboratory equipment and quickly reporting any problems to management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects, prepares and evaluates patient specimens for analysis and perform technical procedures with accuracy and precision, meeting the standards of all accrediting/regulatory agencies in a timely manner
- Operate laboratory instruments and equipment and perform equipment calibration & maintenance according to the laboratory standard operating procedures
- Shared responsibility to qualify new reagents and other consumables
- Troubleshoots assays and equipment which fail to perform adequately
- Observes established safety guidelines and maintains cleanliness of the laboratory
- Keep a meticulous and organized record of specimens, tests, instrument logs, and technical analyses
- Maintain stringent standards for quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/or employee safety, and communicating these to the appropriate management representatives as necessary for resolution
- Participates in activities required to support all necessary licensure for the clinical laboratory, including quality management functions and on-site inspections of the laboratory.
- Work experience with Tecan Freedom EVO product line
- Work experience with ELISA technolgy
- Accurately document and maintain all records for equipment and instruments
- Support the administrative functions of the lab as required
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
- BS a scientific discipline with a minimum 3-5 years+ preferred of related experiences in a clinical laboratory, demonstrating a high level of competency when assisting in the analytical sample processing steps and all other supporting functions
- Medical Technologist with experience testing human samples
- ASCP or NCA certification is preferred
- Multitask and coordinate multiple projects/ assignments simultaneously and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- High level of accuracy is required with a special attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and solve basic issues
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences; ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, and honestly
- Ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of basic clinical laboratory skills
- Knowledge of occupational safety and health rules and regulations
- Demonstrates exceptional understanding of the elements that support high quality work processes, training and quality assurance in molecular biology laboratories
- Prior experience in Quality required with knowledge of CLIA regulations and CAP requirements preferred.
Kelly Scientific is a division of Kelly Services - an international, Fortune 500 Company with a reputation for excellence. Kelly Scientific is devoted to partnering with companies to provide scientific professionals with the best possible positions to meet their career goals. There is never a fee to our applicants or employees. For more information, visit www.kellyscientific.com.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.