To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hershey, PA
- Shelly Morrow
- Phone: 717-489-3112
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Occupational Health Nurse
System One • Hershey, PA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
System One is hiring an Occupational Health Nurse for their Fortune 500 client in Hershey. This is a 12 month contract assignment!
Occupational Health Nurse Summary:
Promote the safety and health of all employees by prevention, recognition, and treatment of injuries and illnesses. Provide effective case management to improve quality of life for employees, improve productivity and reduce overall company benefit costs.
Occupational Health Nurse Duties
- Provide primary nursing care for occupational injuries and illnesses, including emergency care and referral, based upon nursing assessment, nursing diagnosis, treatment plan including follow-up and re-evaluation of care, physician’s standing orders and scope of nursing practice.
- Assess and evaluate non-occupational health issues including treatment of acute injuries and illnesses as directed by standards of nursing practice and physician’s standing orders, and/or by referral to the employee’s personal physician for further treatment.
- Interview and counsel employees to assist in resolving physical, social and emotional problems.
- Assist physicians and manager in handling complex health related issues (e.g., incidence of occupational disease, epidemiology, disease exposures, emotional problems) by providing recommendations and taking responsibility for follow-up.
- Interface with line management, union (if applicable), supervisors, managers, safety, site emergency response team, and external health care providers in the promotion of a safe, healthy work environment.
- Coordinate RTW and restricted job program including collaboration with off-site and on-site health care providers.
- Provide management of medical surveillance programs including documentation of findings, appropriate medical review and post-surveillance follow-up and counseling with employees.
- Respond to all emergencies during hours of operation.
- Provide travel recommendations and immunizations for international travel program.
- Manage many varieties of medical/disability cases from initiation to closure including: data collection and analysis, physical assessment, formulating a nursing diagnosis, interfacing with providers, developing a plan of action, & coordinating all aspects of a claim.
- Interface with line management, union (if applicable), supervisors, managers, safety personnel, human resources, benefits, plant management and employee relations regarding case resolution as well as outside physicians/health care providers.
- Work with management to develop, implement, and evaluate health and wellness programs aimed at improving the quality of life for employees, improving productivity and reducing overall company benefit costs.
- Assist manager in planning, organizing and administering policies of health services and Corporate.
- Support health and wellness programs by providing information to educate and motivate employees toward a healthy lifestyle.
- Track and analyze injury, illness and productivity metrics and recommend process improvements.
- Identify opportunities for cost control, process improvements and quality customer service.
- Participate in committees involving health, safety or disability related issues.
- Comply with applicable country-specific legal and regulatory requirements and plant/facility/company standards and requirements.
- Maintain complete medical records for all employee interactions.
- Maintain patient privacy and medical record confidentiality.
- Communicate with employees and management on health and safety issues.
- Perform other duties as defined by the site nursing lead, ER Manager and corporate Integrated Health & Productivity.
Occupational Health Nurse Skills
- Ability to function independently and as a team member
- Ability to independently assess & treat employee’s illness/injury (including emergency care)
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, SAP)
- Effective organizational and planning skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective leadership skills including critical thinking and decision making.
- Knowledge of applicable legal and regulatory requirements specific to occupational health
Occupatinal Health Nurse Education requirements
- Licensed Registered Nurse (current nursing license to practice in state/country where employed).
- Bachelor of Nursing degree.
- No license lapses, suspensions or involuntary revocations in any state or country.
- Basic life support certification or the training equivalent in CPR/First Aid/AED.
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing.
- Certification in Case Management.
- Certification in audiometry, spirometry and UDS/BAT collections preferred.
- Special training and experience in occupational health nursing.
- Active affiliations with local/national professional associations.
- COHN Certification
- 2 years OHN experience
- 2 years Case Management experience