To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Huntsville, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Systems Engineer
LMI • Huntsville, AL
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position on the consulting staff of a government-consulting firm headquartered in Tysons, VA. Work location is on-site in Huntsville, AL. Under the guidance of the assigned government lead, be able to accomplish day-to-day task management from higher headquarters and key stakeholders. AMC’s Logistics Support Activity (LOGSA) has a current and enduring requirement for a Senior Systems Engineer/Systems Engineering Technical Advisor (SETA) to support Enterprise Architecture and Business Intelligence efforts with the Army Enterprise Systems Integration Program (AESIP).
The Senior Systems Engineer/SETA must have Senior System and Application Architect as well as Software Development experience in Java, middleware, web applications, and data management. Must be comfortable interacting with key leadership, be articulate, and be proactive. Must be able to work in a highly charged and fast-paced environment to prioritize and complete assigned tasks with minimal guidance, seeking guidance and clarification as required. Interacts with staff at all levels and across organizational teams and subordinate programs. Must be an accomplished leader of people, development teams and project teams, experienced in client relationship management (CRM) at all levels of the enterprise.Qualifications
- The SETA must have Senior System and Application Architect experience as well as Software Development experience in Java, middleware, web applications, HTML 5, predictive analytics, Big Data and data management.
- Preferable 5 to 10 years of experience in Information Technology architecture, software development, team management, and technology consulting both in the US Department of Defense as well as in the commercial sector.
- Hands-on experience leading and managing software development projects in all life cycle phases a must. Specialist in Object Oriented analysis, design, and development with an emphasis on quality control in all phases of development is required.
- Expertise in Unified Software Development Process (USDP), Rational Unified Process (RUP), and Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Expertise in logical and physical data modeling is preferred.
- Must be a strong proponent of streamlined development practices that rely on a keen understanding of requirements, innovative designs, visual model-driven development processes as well as the application of modern tools and techniques.
- Good communication and presentation skills are preferred.
- Must have experience leading development teams and project teams, experienced in client relationship management (CRM) at all levels of the enterprise.
Additional areas of expertise may include:
- Enterprise Architecture Development
- Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) & Business Enterprise Architecture (BEA) Experience
- Articulate with Data Science
- Knowledge, experience and history on ERP Systems
- Engineering Analysis
- Professional & Technology Services Delivery
- Team Leadership
- Business Intelligence Best Practices
- Business Warehouse Design / Modeling
- Customer Relationships
- Collaboration & Consensus Building
- Change Management
- Cost-Saving Initiatives
- Technology Integration
- High Performance Web Applications
- IT Infrastructure
- IT Transformation
- Cloud Computing (IaaS, SaaS PaaS)
- Emerging Big Data Technologies
- Architecture Design and Specification
- Application Design and Development
- Systems Integration
- Single Army Logistics Enterprise (SALE)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in systems engineering, information systems, or related field preferred.