To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Woodbridge Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Executive Director - Channel Sales
Direct Energy • Woodbridge Township, NJ
Posted 18 days ago
The Executive Sales Director, Channels is responsible for traditional third party revenue generation for North America Distributed Energy.
This senior role is accountable for the programmatic ownership of the sale of all distributed energy products and services via energy market and distributed energy participants. Scope includes all energy market participants such as third party sales with and through project developers, value added resellers, professional referrers, brokers / consultants as well as utility partnerships. This includes Overall Distributed Energy solutions as well as individual product lines such as insight offerings from Panoramic Power. The Executive Sales Director, Channels will lead a dedicated channel sales team, and as such be responsible for their first class development and engagement.
In doing so, the Director & their team will work closely with the wider North American Distributed Energy commercial and sales teams in identifying potential partners and creating sales programs. In addition, will need to develop strong internal relationships with other business partners and leaders including in marketing, engineering, commercial, product development, legal, and compliance departments and other Centrica business units (such as the B2B commodity supply teams).
- At least ten (10) years of experience in a business or corporate development role, with a demonstrated track record of new business development and achieving sales targets
- Established relationships with Fortune 100 corporations and other large strategic partners
- Excellent Sales and negotiation skills
- Strong track record of indirect / channel / partnership sales in a B2B environment
- Focused, bottom-line and performance driven personality
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead a high-performance team
- Excellent communication and ‘people’ skills, good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of distributed energy technologies and applications strongly preferred
- Knowledge of North American distributed energy markets strongly preferred
- Knowledge of North American natural gas and power markets preferred
- Quick study; capable of grasping the structure & intricacies of the energy business & markets
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience working in a large/global company with matrix structure/relationships preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel is a must; frequent and regular visits to prospects and customers
- Fit with Direct Energy vision & values
- Develop strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets
- Ensure that 3rd party sellers continue to be engaged, educated and motivated to sell Distributed Energy products & services
- Identify, nurture and engage with additional energy market participants to become channel partners
- Ensure channel partners are appropriately serviced and prioritized, and that our brand and offerings are well represented in the market
- Ensure we execute on revenue generation goals and margin targets with our channel partners
- Develop and enforce appropriate agreements between the 3rd party partners and North American Distributed Energy
- Work closely with the commodity sales team members who are also responsible for channel partners, for cross-sell, engagement, planning and coordination purposes
- Act as an ambassador and role model for the business
- Contribute to the professional and personal development of team members
- Demonstrate leadership to ensure high engagement and motivation of Distributed Energy team
Contribute to the success of Direct Energy through cross-BU collaboration