To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Orion, MI 48359
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources - International Assignment Specialist
LEONI • Lake Orion, MI
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
LEONI is a strong company concentrated on the production of wires, cables and wiring systems with over 80,000 employees in 31 countries around the world. We are the market leader in Europe and one of the world’s premier providers of standardized and customer-specific wiring systems for the automotive industry. We offer all the benefits of a top employer committed to further development, intercultural exchange and innovation. We are looking for people who bring commitment and a sense of team spirit to every challenge they take on. We have delivered significant growth in recent years and supply major customers in the automotive, commercial vehicle, and supplier sectors.
This position will be responsible for operational execution and coordinating international assignment processes for the region (US, Canada, Mexico & South America).
- Serves as the central point of contact, responsible for directing the global mobility process as a consultant facilitating the deployment of employees internationally on behalf of the business
- Creates letters of assignment/transfers with employee, and performs other relocation tasks & processes, assess relocation related information, anticipate issues and outcomes
- Participates in policy development, deployment and interpretation, domestic and international relocation, immigration and tax coordination/awareness and vendor management
- Negotiates agreements for certain mobility vendors
- Applies for international social tax agreements in US.
- Develops and conducts Global Mobility education/training for HR, and Business Leaders in the region (US, Canada, Mexico & South America)
- Stays current with laws, regulations and procedures governing global mobility
- Provides relocation, tax and immigration counseling; understands and coaches on procedures and standards
- Expert in international assignments
- Provides recommendations to HR Business Partners and Leadership on selection of global Mobility policy type
- Facilitates resolution of any issues by working with HR, Legal and Business and outside vendors; understands when to seek management support
- Assists the business in understanding the impacts to success: upfront planning, selection of policy/ benefits, family acculturation, adjustment, and other related factors
- Provides cost projections to the business and/or HR, and handling upcoming assignments.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Administration/Business/Law/Economics or related field, Master’s preferred
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work to deadlines, often with short notice, while successfully managing multiple business-driven corporate initiatives and management responsibilities
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to present complex ideas and recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- Able to maintain effective performance and be flexible and adept at multi-tasking in a business environment that is fast-paced, constantly changing and where situations are sometimes ambiguous
- Knowledge about global mobility topics (e.g. social tax, income tax, compensation and benefits in regards etc.)
- Spanish language skills are an asset
- Minimum of 3+ years of global mobility/global relocation experience
- Large, multi-national corporate experience with in a global mobility team and operational execution of global mobility
- Demonstrate a very good understanding of international compensation and benefits, expatriate package components, and proven experience in adapting to the cultural variations of doing business globally