To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Springfield, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Computer Help Support Technician I -- TEMPORARY
O'Reilly Auto Parts • Springfield, MO
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you interested in the idea of solving new and unique problems daily? Do you have a desire to help people use technology? Does being the primary support contact for over 4,600 networks, 9,400 servers and over 74,000 employees sound exciting? If the answer is yes, let's chat!
Computer Help Support Technicians strive to provide the highest quality technical assistance and customer service to store team members. Whether it be to assist a team member on a point of sale transaction, working with a network access provider, or troubleshooting system hardware, our goal is to keep all stores running smoothly.
We are looking for someone with the enthusiasm to learn, train and grow with our team. This person must be someone who has an exceptional ability to communicate, multitask and prioritize issues.
**This is a temporary position for 90 days
Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical assistance and support for computer systems, software, hardware and store operations as part of a department that is 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with Local and Wide Area Networks (LANs and WANs) for store, distribution center and corporate users
- Support Linux servers, AS/400 servers, Cisco routers, VMware, proprietary point of sale parts system, company intranet, PXE boot thin clients, pin pad devices and various printer types
- Analyze problems with software, hardware and procedural issues to determine the root cause and implement effective solutions
- Assist with the installation, modification and repair of computer hardware and software
- Maintain excellent customer service
- Provide after-hours support for other corporate departments
- Ensure the completion of overnight corporate processes
- Monitor and respond to emails from service providers, corporate users and stores
- Assists with the roll out of large scale installations and projects such as hardware and software upgrades
- Document the essential details of support incidents quickly
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- AS/400, Linux, networking, call center and/or one year O'Reilly store experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of explaining complex procedures to non-technical users
- Phone etiquette skills
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think outside-the-box, perform research and operate independently or in a group setting
- Intermediate technical and computer knowledge
- Able to handle a fast paced environment
- CompTIA Net+, A+, Linux + and/or Project+ certifications
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification
- Cisco CCENT certification
- Information technology related associate degree, two years of help desk experience or two years O'Reilly store operations experience
- Programming experience or education
- Bilingual in English and Spanish