To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
35 West Owens Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Salvation Army • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Maintain the Day Resource Center dormitories as a safe and sanitary environment for homeless guests
- Responsible for complete operation of all laundry as well as distribution
- Monitor Day Resource Center facility on a regular basis; physically checking all areas of the Day Resource Shelter and/or dormitories at a minimum of one (1) time every two (2) hours
- Assist the homeless with facility check-in, Triage forms, HMIS forms and other documents.
- Input HMIS data
- Supervise Vocational clients performing Pre-Employment training
- Supervise volunteers and community service workers
- Refer homeless participants to community resources as needed.
- Attend staff meetings
- Effectively record and document sales transactions and payment for bed sheet information, bed rentals, and laundry services
- Prepare and process statistical reports in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Maintain a written journal (log); documenting routine inspections and times, activities, property conditions and infractions of policy
- Other duties, as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum six-months experience working with the homeless population in an emergency shelter environment
- Computer literacy - to include competence in the following Microsoft applications - word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail and the internet
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Detail oriented; organization and file management skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to maintain a self-motivated and self-directed schedule, address multiple projects in a timely manner and take projects from beginning through completion
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances
- Must possess a valid Nevada driver’s license and pass a motor vehicle record check
- Bilingual capabilities desired
- Ability to work varying shifts
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to focus. The employee must have the ability to operate a telephone, desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.