OVERVIEW: Develops and implement capital projects (up to $10MM) including the design, field construction and commissioning of new equipment and building installations. Range of projects includes safety, energy cost reduction, maintenance, raw material usage, infrastructure and capacity increase. Develops engineering studies for the plants and businesses.
● Develops the scope of work, cost estimates, and schedules for capital projects and engineering studies. Generates ideas and proposes projects that will improve the manufacturing performance of the company (25%).
● Manages detail mechanical design and writes construction bid packages (20%).
● Evaluates/selects process (and related) equipment and outside contract services (15%).
● Reviews contractor field work, monitors safe work practices, issues work permits (15%).
● Prepares capital RACE’s including HS&E evaluations and MOC reports (10%).
● Prepares purchase requisitions, plant work orders, monthly cost /project status reports (5%).
● Provides assistance to plant personnel and outside contractors to troubleshoot problems (5%).
● Provides start-up assistance on capital projects (5%).
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Major Position Challenges:
● Implementation of successful projects, on time, within budget, and with no EHS incidents.
● Cost reduction/EHS concerns.
● Staying abreast of latest technology.
● Devising innovative solutions to a large variety of simple to complex problems.
● Work is assigned by the Engineering Manager. Because of the plant’s size, age, and diversity of products, assignments are never the same with projects varying extensively in both cost and complexity. Most projects originate within the production/process engineering groups.
● Environment: Position is subject to plant/corporate policies and procedures. Completion deadlines are usually dictated by production needs and requirements. Safety and environmental concerns are always a high priority.
● New, innovative solutions of problems are always encouraged. Restrictions are limited to keeping within the budget.
● Plant/Corporate technical personnel, Production and Maintenance Management, Plant EHS group, Vendors, Outside Contractors