To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Statesville, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chemist / Quality Control
PrideStaff • Statesville, NC
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Direct Hire Opportunity in Statesville, NC!
The expanded position of CHEMIST/QUALITY CONTROL manager is, in general, responsible for the development and enhancement of clients line of paints and inks as well as quality control of their full line of professional art products. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, conduct and direct the research and development of innovative new paints and inks for the professional art market.
- Develop necessary quality standards, test methods and processes to proper manufacture top level products.
- Work with chemical distributors and manufacturers to maintain up to date information on new chemical technologies and properly insure quality levels of raw materials.
- Provide written General Conformity Certificates for products and coordinate outside testing for conformity to ACMI and CPSIA requirements.
- Responsible for inspecting incoming materials for all product categories.
- Draw required sketches and write inspection procedures for items to be fabricated, indicating areas to be examined, measuring devices to be used, and maximum and minimum standards.
Top candidates need to have an entrepreneurial business outlook who excel as part of a team while having the level of energy and creative instincts to work independently in product development. Roughly half of the individuals time will be working as the Chemist spending the remaining time as the overall quality control for a varied line of products. Specific qualifications and skills include:
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry
- Experience in formulating inks or paints
- Experience in developing Quality Control Procedures and Standards
- MS Office suite of software
- Excellent math skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with flexibility of daily priorities
- Willingness to work in all aspects of the business
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT!
Our client is a medium to small manufacturer of professional art products with continuous growth both through extensions of current lines as well as through acquisitions. The company is highly entrepreneurial in spirit and actions and looks for participation from all employees at all levels. Privately owned, this company holds its employees as its key assets with a very down to earth and friendly working atmosphere and culture.