Remote Certified Coders review medical records and apply appropriate ICD–10-CM diagnostic codes and Change Healthcare Flagged Event. Codes must meet Change Healthcare QA standards (following both Official Coding Guidelines and Risk Adjustment Guidelines).
· Assign appropriate ICD–10-CM codes, mapping to risk adjustment models as applicable.
· Assign Change Healthcare Flagged Event codes when documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or otherwise unclear for medical coding purposes.
· Remain current on diagnosis coding guidelines and risk adjustment reimbursement reporting requirements.
· Check chart assignments every day and accurately report all hours worked on a weekly basis.
· Maintain quality and production standards required by company.
· Report work-related concerns to assigned Coder Advocate and, if not adequately addressed, to Sr. Manager of Clinical Operations.
· Comply with the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adhere to official coding guidelines.
· Comply with HIPAA laws and regulations.
· Participate in testing and training as required by the Company.
· Active certified coder certification through AHIMA or AAPC required (CRC, CPC, CCS - P). CCA, CPC-A are not accepted.
· At least two years of experience as a certified coder is required.
· At least one year of risk adjustment experience is required.
· Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM outpatient diagnosis coding guidelines (knowledge and demonstrated understanding of Risk Adjustment coding and data validation requirements is highly preferred);
· Ability to code using an ICD-10-CM code book (without using an encoder);
· Strong clinical knowledge related to chronic illness diagnosis, treatment and management;
· Reliability and a commitment to meeting tight deadlines (24-hour turnaround time on all assigned charts);
· Personal discipline to work remotely without direct supervision;
· Exemplary attention to detail and completeness-all medical coders must maintain minimum QA passing requirements based on HCC scoring model (HCCx < or equal to 5 and HCCm < or equal to 5);
· Computer proficiency (including MS Windows, MS Office, and the Internet);
· Must have high-speed Internet access, a home computer with a current Windows operating system, MS Internet Explorer (version 6.0.2 or better), and Adobe 6.0 or better;
· Strong organization skills; interpersonal and customer service skills; written and oral communication skills; and analytical skills;
· Knowledge of HIPAA, recognizing a commitment to privacy, security and confidentiality of all medical chart documentation.
All interested parties should submit a note of interest and your resume to
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to HCC/Risk Adjustment Coder| Remote | Work From Home