To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cincinnati, OH 45219
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Director of Development, Athletics
The University of Cincinnati Foundation • Cincinnati, OH
Posted 2 months ago
The Assistant Director of Development raises funds for the Department of Athletics and is responsible for implementing annual and special fundraising programs including individual gifts, sponsorships, phone and direct mail campaigns, and fundraising events for the University of Cincinnati and the Department of Athletics. This position supports the UC Department of Athletics major gift team and the UCATS team. Activities of the Assistant Director will be coordinated with other Athletics and UCF fundraising activities.
- Qualify, build and manage a portfolio of assigned donors and prospects; devise and execute strategies for the successful solicitation and closure of a significant volume of mid-level and emerging gifts ($1,000-$25,000), as well as event sponsorships, each year.
- Conduct qualification, cultivation and solicitation visits, partnering with UCF colleagues in National Development, Foundation Relations, and Gift Planning as needed.
- Implementing Athletics’ annual fund appeals, online, and direct mail campaigns in collaboration with the UCF Annual Fund, and oversee other special campaigns as assigned under the direction of the Associate Director of Development.
- Manage systematic engagement activities of the various team and programs including soliciting annual gifts from former student athletes, facilitating peer-to-peer solicitations, executing the annual donor mailing campaign, and organizing fundraising events.
- Plan and execute key Athletics alumni, development and donor events in full coordination with the UC Foundation and the UC Alumni Association.
- Manage budgets for signature donor and alumni events.
- Ensure appropriate stewardship of gifts in collaboration with the relevant team members in philanthropic stewardship at the UC Foundation.
- Prepare timely contact reports and ensure the accuracy of monthly reports.
- Participate fully in UCF prospect and clearance process.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of applicable experience.
- Experience in higher education and/or athletics preferred. Background may include development, sales, or planning, implementing and managing alumni/constituent affairs, special events and/or volunteer management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; willingness and ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to develop a rapport with a diverse group of individuals and to foster strong, productive relationships.
- High degree of initiative, energy and accountability; strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, particularly knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel and to attend evening and weekend activities as needed. Valid driver’s license required for travel.
- A commitment to and passion for the role of development in advancing the mission of the University of Cincinnati.