Job Responsibilities Include:
Assist customers with automotive parts questions and needs.
Accurately accept customer payments and operate cash register, merchant credit card processing machine, and computer systems to process daily paperwork and forms.
Effectively communicate benefits, features, and warranty policy information to customers.
Manage inventory control, including procurement and warranty parts, distribution, disposal of material, and supervision of the supply, storage, and accessibility of items to prevent excessive oversupply.
Manage logistics, shipping, and receiving of parts.
Maintain safe, organized, and clean work environment.
• General: Ensure prompt and regular attendance. Travel as business needs may require. Perform other appropriate duties as may be assigned by management.
• Quality & Continuous Improvement: Personally, commit to quality in all aspects of work. Participate in and promote the established Quality Improvement Process (QIP) for continuous improvement. Participate on teams to research, measure and correct problems and to strive for process improvement. Communicate and exemplify the Company’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Values, and Philosophy. Attend at least ten (10) hours of training annually to continue development of work-related skills.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
• Education: Associate’s degree or at least 2 years of relevant work experience is preferred.
National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence Parts Specialist Certification (ASE P2) is preferred.
• Experience: 2+ years of automotive parts experience is preferred.
• Skills & Abilities: Must possess a knowledge of automotive parts.
Must possess and continuously maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Must possess a thorough knowledge of customer service excellence and effectively interact with customers.
Must maintain a positive attitude and willingness to learn in a fast-paced automotive environment.
Strong communications skills.
Strong attention to details.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must be able to lift at least 70 pounds, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Must be able to stoop, bend, and twist in order to retrieve parts from storage, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Must be able to stand or walk on concrete for several hours at a time, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify as circumstances or business needs require.
At Terre Haute Chevrolet, we put the focus on the CUSTOMER!
Since 1964, the Romain Automotive Group, a division of United Companies, has experienced growth throughout its years of business. Dedicated to selling, leasing, and servicing new and used vehicles in a retail setting, the group owns and operates an expanding automobile network in Indiana. Since its inception, Terre Haute Chevrolet has sought to deliver to each customer a unique dealership experience.
The dealership’s pursuit of quality customer service is paramount and comes from our commitment to ongoing company and vehicle manufacturer training. Terre Haute Chevrolet continues the tradition of finding the right transportation solution for each customer. Visit us at www.terrehautechevrolet.com to learn more.