To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkhart, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Electronics Design Engineer
Network Recruiting • Elkhart, IN
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Lead Electronics Design Engineer will be responsible for providing technical design expertise to the new product development and launch teams. He/She will also be responsible for product design engineering and/or analysis support of certain product series in development and production phase. In-depth knowledge of BLDC motor commutation and control theory, basic DC/DC power convert(s) physics and applications, understanding of power electronic components physics, simulation models and applications required. Good understanding of PCB manufacturing process and design for manufacturability. Hands-on experience in vehicle communication system including but not limited to CAN, LIN, SPI, both applications and implementation on the embedded software level.
- Provide hardware circuit design and development expertise from new concept idea to production implementation, including but not limited to schematic creation, circuit simulation, WCCA, board prototyping, PCB layout, design for manufacturability, and board testing.
- Support selection and specification of electrical and electronics components.
- Conduct, coordinate and track electrical/electronic hardware failure analysis, root cause investigation, and corrective implementation.
- Perform technical design review within the organization and with customers at concept, design validation, and production sign-off stages.
- Manage electronics related technical documentation.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (or above) in Electrical Engineering or related engineering disciplines.
- 10+ years of progressive electronic/electrical components, circuits and systems design engineering experience in the automotive or related industry.
- 10+ years of electrical/electronic circuit simulation and control analysis, preferably on automotive electrical related industry.
- 5+ years of experience of automotive electronics printed circuit board manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation and testing activities.
- Proficient in circuit schematic capture/PCB layout design CAD software (preferably Altium Designer) required.
- Good understanding of PCB manufacturing process and design for manufacturability required.
- Familiar with embedded C coding on 16-bit controller required.
- Familiar with embedded system software design (preferably Microchip's dsPIC family) required.
- Familiar with assembly coding required.